Cranial Osteopath treatments on babies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5@MB

Reaction score
Hi All! I have a little girl who is 17 months old and has been flatly refusing to sleep for months now, she has never slept through the night, wakes every half hour or just screams till she's sick. I've been recommended a cranial osteopath treatment but I just wondered if anyone has had it for this reason and if they had any comments/feedback. Thank you! X

Hi, I was booked in for cranial osteopathy when I was overdue with my first child - 20 years ago. I had her before I went, but since then I have heard quite a lot of very good things. I work as a volunteer breast feeding advisor, so have a lot of people talking to me about it, and have heard nothing but good. My friends first child was such a bad sleeper - every time you put her down she'd howl. The cranial treatment eased something-the practitioner thought that there was pain in her head so every time she was out down the pressure changed, making her cry. I truly don't believe that babies cry just for the crack - they are just not that manipulative, and this may help ease something for your child that the medical profession would not necessarily pick up. My friend was told that the damage was probably done in labour, and straight after the treatment, her daughter slept for 4 hours which was unheard of. Good luck!

Wow. That sounds like Mia, she doesn't go to sleep until 4am when she can't physically stay awake any longer. Its exhausting. She's 17 months and never slept the whole night. Thank you for replying. X

My son who is 18 now never slept the night until he was 18 months old and i took him to a cranial osteopath. He used to cry all the time, we used to push him in his buggy all hours of the night and drive around in the car....it was awful, the doctor couldnt do anything so sent us to cranial osteopath. Within a few treatments he was sleeping. The osteopath explained that my son had a trapped nerve in his head from the traumatic birth which meant he couldnt relax. You know when someone says boo to you and you jump and breathe in???thats what it was like for my son and why he couldnt relax to sleep.

go for it, its worth it!

Definitely go!!! I cannot recommend it enough. I was skeptical but we took our son who was very colicky at 6wks. Within minutes of the osteopath placing her hands on him be went from curled up fetal position to chilled little starfish!! My hubby was very skeptical but even he was amazed. It makes such a difference.

We're due to have another baby in 4wks and will be taking him regardless of any issues. Their bones are so soft and pliable and if something is pinching or just not right it can cause all sorts if problems.

I recommended it to a friend who's 3yr old wasn't sleeping and there was a noticeable difference with him too.

Good luck :)

Thank you so much, its good to hear some feedback. I have an appointment booked and it can't come quick enough! X

It's amazing!!! My little one was wrongly diagnosed with reflux and all the medication the doctors gave us didnt do a thing - she was bringing up her whole feed and not gaining weight. Took her to an osteopath who worked on her head and digestive system - she hasn't been sick since her last treatment and now sleeps through the night - I actually have to wake her up now! She also diagnosed tongue tie which the drs had told me she didn't have! x

Sounds good never Hurd of it before obviously works but I cant help to think there wasnt all this stuff back in the day and with perseverance a child will learn to go to sleep.

I took me a while with my daughter plus all her medical issues from being born prem medication,feeds and so on bit I got there by standing my ground and not giving in to her after that she has always slept right through.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing going to see them but can't help but think what happened to the good old fashioned way.

I'm going to read up on this as I new to me.x

Sounds good never Hurd of it before obviously works but I cant help to think there wasnt all this stuff back in the day and with perseverance a child will learn to go to sleep.

I took me a while with my daughter plus all her medical issues from being born prem medication,feeds and so on bit I got there by standing my ground and not giving in to her after that she has always slept right through.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing going to see them but can't help but think what happened to the good old fashioned way.

I used to think the same and have tried everything possible (other than whisky) to help her but the more she cries and wakes the more she's sick. I was a bit sceptical as its expensive too but think its a must now. Xx

I used to think the same and have tried everything possible (other than whisky) to help her but the more she cries and wakes the more she's sick. I was a bit sceptical as its expensive too but think its a must now. Xx

Well I will look forward to hearing how it goes.I didn't want you to think I was being nasty either in my post.XX

I presume you eschew (avoid) all modern medicine on the grounds that we didn't used to have it?

Have heard amazing things about cranial osteopathy and have considered it at time for DD, who had a traumatic forceps delivery. At 2 and a quarter she's not a bad sleeper, but I do wonder whether the forceps did any lasting damage (she still has dents on her face from it).

No I didn't, I totally agree with you but have just run out of options and I can't keep running on 2/3 hours sleep. Lol. X

I presume you eschew (avoid) all modern medicine on the grounds that we didn't used to have it?

Have heard amazing things about cranial osteopathy and have considered it at time for DD, who had a traumatic forceps delivery. At 2 and a quarter she's not a bad sleeper, but I do wonder whether the forceps did any lasting damage (she still has dents on her face from it).

No not at all and my post was not meant to offend anyone or the op and the op has not been offended.

I don't avoid modern medicine because if i did my daughter who was born at 25 weeks weighing half a pound would not be here today and having to have some of her lung removed later this year.

I had an awful time with my daughter but I did it without medical help because it's a known fact it can be done and I would rather use medical intervention for serious,lifethreatening problems.

I'm not putting anyone down that is or have used this I think it's great but for me personally I did it without.

I'm allowed my opining and as I have said it's very interesting and I am going to have a look at it as I never Hurd of it before.

Think that was a bit harsh Coleen was simply voicing her opinion and actually said she was going to look it up. Don't think she needed that comeback

I have also heard great things and been recommended it for my boys but have never taken the plunge. Looking forward to hearing your experiences. Hope it works for you because there really is no worse torture then sleep deprivation.

Silly phone. I meant to add... Whilst I think it is good if Coleen doesn't then that's ok isn't it? I think each to their own really... If you think it's good? That's wonderful and hope you and your little one benefit from it xx

I have only had treatment for me. I slipped two discs in my lower back after a fall & I was in agony! I thought it was worse than giving birth & I have four children! Anyway CO was recommended to me & she was superb! I cannot rate their profession highly enough. 😀

I had it on my son when he was 6 weeks old and it was fab. He was really colicky, a dreadful sleeper and a generally not very happy baby...... He had been delivered using forceps and had a somewhat traumatic delivery.

I spoke to the Cranial Osteopath and he said lots of babies only need 1 or 2 sessions - Michael needed 8!!! He said the forceps had caused pressure meaning Michaek had a permanent headache......

It didn't make him sleep through the night instantly (sadly!) but it did make him a much happier baby and much less colicky. I would totally recommend it.

Btw, Michael is coming up 14 so it's hardly a new-fangled treatment!!! Hope it does the trick for your little one.

Hi All! I have a little girl who is 17 months old and has been flatly refusing to sleep for months now, she has never slept through the night, wakes every half hour or just screams till she's sick. I've been recommended a cranial osteopath treatment but I just wondered if anyone has had it for this reason and if they had any comments/feedback. Thank you! X
Do you mind me asking how your appointment went? Iv my 5 week old baby booked in with an osteopath tommorow he has silent reflux and never sleeps for more than an hour at a time.

Latest posts

Back