Crash in confidence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitterbomb

Reaction score
Hi All you lovely fellow geeks,

Well as the title says i am really struggling as ive lost confidence in myself. I started my nail training in January & have been practiceing like mad ever since. Im really happy with my general manicure & polishing skills but im REALY struggling with L&P. I thought i was doing quite well, (no bubbles in tips & application ok), but my confidence was totally knocked when i asked a friend who has also done nails to critque my work. She said they were too thin & pulled a face in general. I feel confused as ive looked at length at the nail critques on here & most that got decent response look like my work. I also did a set for my sister & had issues with lifting. she has horribly flat natural nails so did lots of research as to how best to get a good result. I have a real passion for nails but recently im finding it hard to get excited. :sad:

You could put a picture on here to critique, everyone's really helpful and give you the honest truth with a background of knowledge that friends and relatives don't have.

Also could you speak to your training provider or go on another course. One to one tuition really helped me when I was struggling xx

Thank you char1112,

I was going to upload to a critque but the stupid computer wouldnt let me grrrrrr. Any advice is more than welcome. I obviously want to get my L&P right befor i go on to do gel polish, I dont want to feel i cant offer L&P as a service. Iam a complete perfectionist so i do tend to put alot of pressure on myself x

Do you think your friend might have been a teeny bit jealous? don't let it dishearten you... keep practising, though i'm sure they were great xx

Hi Nubee,

I did wonder if jealousy was the issue, some of her work, (polishing especiallly), isnt as neat as mine. she actualy doesnt do nails at all now. Im not the most confident person in general & can be quite sensitive to overt critisium. I think after the lifting issues i had with my sisters nails aswell it really knocked me. :cry:

Latest posts

Back