Crazy colour!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get mine for that from my supplier anyway lol(Sally's is crap!)

Okay thanks everyone! I'll have a little play, my client will be having the bottle to reapply at home but how would you say I should recommend her freshening it up herself??

I know done may frown upon giving a client a professional colour but I think it makes sense as its better value for the client...I don't wanna charge £25 to need to reapply every week myself :)

and she might not come back for 6 wks so how washed out will it look not a good advert.. she will manage fine to apply at home maybe suggest she gets a bowl and brush then just comb thru and massage in.. remind her to use gloves even when rinsing.. let us know how it goes

and she might not come back for 6 wks so how washed out will it look not a good advert.. she will manage fine to apply at home maybe suggest she gets a bowl and brush then just comb thru and massage in.. remind her to use gloves even when rinsing.. let us know how it goes

Yeh that's what I thought too, not looking forward to stripping and going purple in the new year though, what I was wondering is, could you go over with blue to make purple?

Yeh that's what I thought too, not looking forward to stripping and going purple in the new year though, what I was wondering is, could you go over with blue to make purple?

Yes you can hun, but make sure the red is nice and fresh, cyclamen is nice with a drop of blue also x

i would ask her to come in a few days before app so u can see how its looking and also ask her to let it fade a little before this so u can see it. not done that but yea i think you would be able to, you could strand test..

iv just done the bordeaux and it is gorg. the hair needs to be really light to get the best results from hot purple. opinions differ i prefer the deeper cols. aubergine is gorg too :) soz for going on i miss my crazy col hair!!

Yes you can hun, but make sure the red is nice and fresh, cyclamen is nice with a drop of blue also x

Okay thanks, I gotta start writing all these cocktails down lol :) x

thanks thats noted x

i would ask her to come in a few days before app so u can see how its looking and also ask her to let it fade a little before this so u can see it. not done that but yea i think you would be able to, you could strand test..

iv just done the bordeaux and it is gorg. the hair needs to be really light to get the best results from hot purple. opinions differ i prefer the deeper cols. aubergine is gorg too :) soz for going on i miss my crazy col hair!!

Yeh I think I'll strand test, she's a mate anyway so she won't sue me If the colour ain't perfect lol. I think I might just bleach the colour out, get her hair white, then purple cuz I want it nice and vibrant.... How have you all found cleansing out crazy colours? X

it depends on the hair with red it normally goes really orangy depends how many times its been applied etc again i would strand test if going to bleach after red, or to save on condition you could do bleach hi/lites/slices all over lift as light as you can then put the aubergine/bordeaux or a more purply on all over and then you would have 2 tones thru it.

i have a client that i done loads of weaved and slices with bleach then in between foils applied 6-99 vibrance then washed this all off then applied a mixture of purply crazy col all over on top of 6-99. it is gorg!!

experiment and have fun!!

I love crazy colors. If you have bleach underneath I've found that if you put bleach with 0vol. It comes right out but that works only if bleach is underneath.

I love crazy colors. If you have bleach underneath I've found that if you put bleach with 0vol. It comes right out but that works only if bleach is underneath.

By 0vol do you mean shampoo and water? It has bleach underneath but an orangey tone as that's all That was needed when going red so I will obviously bleach more when I've lifted the red...I only ever use ammonia free bleach so condition is helped somewhat :)

it depends on the hair with red it normally goes really orangy depends how many times its been applied etc again i would strand test if going to bleach after red, or to save on condition you could do bleach hi/lites/slices all over lift as light as you can then put the aubergine/bordeaux or a more purply on all over and then you would have 2 tones thru it.

i have a client that i done loads of weaved and slices with bleach then in between foils applied 6-99 vibrance then washed this all off then applied a mixture of purply crazy col all over on top of 6-99. it is gorg!!

experiment and have fun!!

Thanks for all your advice :)

Beckstar do you use crazy colour on your hair to get that red? I love the colour. X

Ermm i used a few crazy colours, I have also used a lot of other semi permanant brands and certain colours are better from each one.
Crazy colour- fire, pinkissimo, silver are good. I dont rate their purples very much as they are quite blue based and dont last that long. I dont like the consistency of crazy colour much it doesnt spread very easily.
Directions- Plum is the best purple ive ever used. Turquoise & midnight blue are the brightest and longest lasting blues from the range. This is actually my favourite brand for cheapness, consistency and easy to get hold of. Most of the colours in this range are awesome.
Also more expensive but awesome is an american brand called special effects. You can get it online but its about £9 a bottle although they are bigger bottles than crazy colour. Ive only used their oranges and they were neon awesome!

Beckstar do you use crazy colour on your hair to get that red? I love the colour. X

I shaw do hun,
I use fire!
I did have a full head of highlights underneath mine,
I'm a base 5 but you can get it alot brighter with a full head of bleach underneath my nieces is amazing lol x

I shaw do hun,
I use fire!
I did have a full head of highlights underneath mine,
I'm a base 5 but you can get it alot brighter with a full head of bleach underneath my nieces is amazing lol x

Soz ment to say mine was woven
Hers is global :)
It's shocking but lush hehe x

Ermm i used a few , I have also used a lot of other semi permanant brands and certain colours are better from each one.
Crazy colour- fire, pinkissimo, silver are good. I dont rate their purples very much as they are quite blue based and dont last that long. I dont like the consistency of crazy colour much it doesnt spread very easily.
Directions- Plum is the best purple ive ever used. Turquoise & midnight blue are the brightest and longest lasting blues from the range. This is actually my favourite brand for cheapness, consistency and easy to get hold of. Most of the colours in this range are awesome.
Also more expensive but awesome is an american brand called special effects. You can get it online but its about £9 a bottle although they are bigger bottles than crazy colour. Ive only used their oranges and they were neon awesome!

do u get directions from the crazy col website, iv seen it but never tried. thanks for the tips

Ermm i used a few crazy colours, I have also used a lot of other semi permanant brands and certain colours are better from each one.

Yes I like special effects iv used the cherry bomb b4 :) x

Its lush , hopefully crazy colour will brighten up my xxl red :) x

do u get directions from the crazy col website, iv seen it but never tried. thanks for the tips

No its a different brand to crazy colour. You can buy it wholesale from La riche | Directions Hair Colour or if you only want small quantities ebay sellers can do anything from 1 tub to full boxes.

So am I right in saying, for reds use crazy colour and blue/purples use directions? :D

Latest posts

Back