Crazy colour!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
hey geeks,

I was just wondering whether anyone has any particular experience with crazy colours, i need to refresh a clients red hair, which she used xxl on, and was wondering the best way to do it, and she's also thinking of going purple/blue in the new year so does anyone have any ideas?

hey geeks,

I was just wondering whether anyone has any particular experience with crazy colours, i need to refresh a clients red hair, which she used xxl on, and was wondering the best way to do it, and she's also thinking of going purple/blue in the new year so does anyone have any ideas?

I find the crazy colours great to keep colours looking fresh. Mmmm trying to think of the red i used. Vermilon red? Something like that. Cylamen is a nice purple. And they last well for a temp colour x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

I find the crazy colours great to keep colours looking fresh. Mmmm trying to think of the red i used. Vermilon red? Something like that. Cylamen is a nice purple. And they last well for a temp colour x

I've got her the fire red as it's the most vibrant they have, but reading on the website, it said something about, applying the colour wet and comb it untill it goes froffy? i've never heard of this before so quite interested if that works better or not :/

hows you're hair by the way? nice and white now? lol

Deformed comb it through till it frothy. It won't take more than a few minutes. I also put it on dry hair x

My hair is a working progress...as always xxx

Deformed comb it through till it frothy. It won't take more than a few minutes. I also put it on dry hair x

My hair is a working progress...as always xxx

I take it 'deformed' was a result of autocorrect? aha thanks :)

Do you know whether you can mix the colours together, i have done it before when doing a purple, i mixed lilac and violet together for a slice in a clients hair, and it was fine, i was just wondering whether you're meant to?

Yep you can mix crazy colour to custom blend a shade :) I love love love crazy colours, they satisfy the chameleon in me!! Xx

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

hey i love crazy col use it all the time. i love vermillion red as its slightly deeper than the fire. the bordeaux is gorg..

I read recently to apply to wet hair ( for years i have always applied to dry hair) so i tried it and was not impressed so went back to dry. and as for mixing thats when you get the nicest cols a bit of this and a bit of that. lol

the website is very good and cheap have a nosey x

hey i love crazy col use it all the time. i love vermillion red as its slightly deeper than the fire. the bordeaux is gorg..

I read recently to apply to wet hair ( for years i have always applied to dry hair) so i tried it and was not impressed so went back to dry. and as for mixing thats when you get the nicest cols a bit of this and a bit of that. lol

the website is very good and cheap have a nosey x

What's the website as the one I looked at wasn't very good atall, did you comb it unroll it was froffy when you used it on wet hair?

just the crazyhaircolour.com think it was 15 quid for 4 bottles total bargain. i used to pay loads more in sallys.

yea always get it frothy but just didnt like doing it wet, lucky i explained to my client. i always apply like tint then comb thru and working it in then leave it for 10 then comb thru again rubbing it in. i love crazy col some of my clients are happy to re apply at home to keep it bright..

hey geeks,

Hiya perry crazy colour fire will be the best to brighten up a xxl red,
It's the brightest red trust me! Lol
iv used every crazy colour red going!
Vermiliion red (think iv Spelt that wrong) hehe it's really deep! ( crap) lol
iv used crazy colour for years I love them!
I always wash my hair hair,
never condition,
Let it dry out natrually, (not bone dry thou) and apply,
Comb in threw til it starts to go abit froffie,
I leave mine for about 25 mins let it really seep in,
Then just rinse off don't shampoo,
And don't rinse til the water runs clear,
After getting most of the crazy colour out I add a little Aussie to the ends leave for 5 the carry on with the rinse

Beware it's a messy old game! Lol

Hope this helps luvi :)
Oh and mixing them is fine iv made up some fantastic colours from having a little mix :) x

I've been looking at these as a possible colour for a client with full head bleach, she wants to go for the pink colour that Amelia off X-factor has. I'll be honest I've never used them, do they do a soft baby pink kind of colour??

no dont think so, check out there web site i think they do lilac def do bright pink. there was a thread about pale pink search and u might find it. x

just the crazyhaircolour.com think it was 15 quid for 4 bottles total bargain. i used to pay loads more in sallys.

yea always get it frothy but just didnt like doing it wet, lucky i explained to my client. i always apply like tint then comb thru and working it in then leave it for 10 then comb thru again rubbing it in. i love crazy col some of my clients are happy to re apply at home to keep it bright..

I get mine for that from my supplier anyway lol(Sally's is crap!)

Okay thanks everyone! I'll have a little play, my client will be having the bottle to reapply at home but how would you say I should recommend her freshening it up herself??

I know done may frown upon giving a client a professional colour but I think it makes sense as its better value for the client...I don't wanna charge £25 to need to reapply every week myself :)

I find a squirt in with my conditioner each time I wash is enough to keep the colour vibrant ;).

I've been looking at these as a possible colour for a client with full head bleach, she wants to go for the pink colour that Amelia off X-factor has. I'll be honest I've never used them, do they do a soft baby pink kind of colour??

Pinkkissimo is a nice bright baby pink
If she wants it more pastely just really wash it out after hope this helps Hun :) x

I find a squirt in with my conditioner each time I wash is enough to keep the colour vibrant ;).

2nd that Morgan dazzle :) x

Ah cool, thanks guys! X

Pinkkissimo is a nice bright baby pink
If she wants it more pastely just really wash it out after hope this helps Hun :) x

Ah cool thanks for your help!!

Hi
I use crazy colour Fire (in my profile
Pic) and it's the best red that they do, really bright!

To achieve a pale pink, I always squirt some White conditioner (any cheap one will do) and add a drop of pinkissimo at a time until you get the desired pink, if the clients hair is pale blonde then the colour you see in the bowl is the colour the hair goes. I use white conditioner as you can clearly see what shade you are going to get, same can be done with Capri blue and the orange (I mix the orange with a dot of pinkissimo to make a pale peach alongside the conditioner) Apply on clean dry hair and leave for 20 mins, and the hair feels lovely afterwards!

Have fun playing about with the colours, they are fab!

X

Hi
I use crazy colour Fire (in my profile
Pic) and it's the best red that they do, really bright!

To achieve a pale pink, I always squirt some White conditioner (any cheap one will do) and add a drop of pinkissimo at a time until you get the desired pink, if the clients hair is pale blonde then the colour you see in the bowl is the colour the hair goes. I use white conditioner as you can clearly see what shade you are going to get, same can be done with Capri blue and the orange (I mix the orange with a dot of pinkissimo to make a pale peach alongside the conditioner) Apply on clean dry hair and leave for 20 mins, and the hair feels lovely afterwards!

Have fun playing about with the colours, they are fab!

X

Great tip ballyboo :) x

Latest posts

Back