creating a toe nail.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Following on from a poor geek who knocked her toe off!

I thought i would share how have done a fair few repairs on toes in the past.

The lady i took a pic of in my gallery had had this 'deformed' toe nail following an accident as a child.

SHe is in her 40's and NO ONE has been able to do anything with this toe.

I HATE BEING DEFEATED !!!! So i spent a bit of time and 'made' her a toe nail!

Unfortunately i havent got the end result of the full set of toes for some odd reason - but you get the general idea.

pic 1 ..is the dodgy toe

Pic 2.....is creating a 'silk frame' i then applied my gel and cured

pic 3 is the end result with the sides of the silk cut off and a toe nail shape is what your left with. I shaped this up and did a coloured gel overlay.

I did tell her it may last 2 days it may last 2 months!

It was still going strong 3 months later.

Amb xx

i have a client who has not much more than half a toe nail i tip it put silk over it a few coats of resin activate.It still looks good 2 months on i just buff and resin every month.

a fantastic transformation Amb... i bet she was over the moon wasn't she?
when you've applied the silk and got it in place do you apply anything else before the gel or put the gel straight on to the silk?
I've got a client who would benefit from this, her toenail is similar to the one your client has.

ValencianNails said:
a fantastic transformation Amb... i bet she was over the moon wasn't she?
when you've applied the silk and got it in place do you apply anything else before the gel or put the gel straight on to the silk?
I've got a client who would benefit from this, her toenail is similar to the one your client has.

Nope i just BUFFED the toe nail she did have....applied the silk....applied the gel....cured.....nipped off the sides of the gel......applied another layer of gel....cured....wiped....shaped.

ah - problem is i used bio....i spose it would work with brisa? you dont need bonder as there isnt anything to BOND to.......hmmm dunno sandi stumped (lol:green: ) on that one just have a play.

I also do it a lot on big toes as peeps have corners missing or may have cut them too short or one toe is longer than the other.

I just prep the nail apply the silk...apply the gel and cure. VOILA.

Well done Amber - brilliant work x

You are very talented,thankyou for sharing that x

Fabulous....I was wondering it you would have to do a bonder layer on the silk and then a builder layer with Brisa? Any ideas anyone?

Cathie! said:
Fabulous....I was wondering it you would have to do a bonder layer on the silk and then a builder layer with Brisa? Any ideas anyone?

I Would just do 2 normal coats of brisa - i dont think you need LOADS and loads of strength .

Thanks chick!

well actually 2 coats of brisa then shape/buff and gloss should work.

Just try it see how you go.

amb x

MINKUS said:
Following on from a poor geek who knocked her toe off!

I thought i would share how have done a fair few repairs on toes in the past.

The lady i took a pic of in my gallery had had this 'deformed' toe nail following an accident as a child.

SHe is in her 40's and NO ONE has been able to do anything with this toe.

I HATE BEING DEFEATED !!!! So i spent a bit of time and 'made' her a toe nail!

Unfortunately i havent got the end result of the full set of toes for some odd reason - but you get the general idea.

pic 1 ..is the dodgy toe

Pic 2.....is creating a 'silk frame' i then applied my gel and cured

pic 3 is the end result with the sides of the silk cut off and a toe nail shape is what your left with. I shaped this up and did a coloured gel overlay.

I did tell her it may last 2 days it may last 2 months!

It was still going strong 3 months later.

Amb xx

have a feeling you're talking about mE! haha i haven't been keeping up cuz i just moved back home from school and am reading the posts backwards from the most recent first. just wondering what you mean by silk? in case my nail never grows back to the way it was :( i would wanna suggest this to someone to do for me

Amazing transformation.. very informative too .. thanks for sharing Amber. :hug:

Latest posts

Back