Creative Colouring

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

I might be using my friend tomorrow as a guinea pig for a massive cut and colour change but was wondering i i can have opinions and advice on colours and sectioning. :)

She has long hair but we want to go really short an assymetrical, something along the lines of this:

Short Straight Alternative hairstyle: Alternative Short Straight Hairstyle | TheHairStyler.com

But the long side about 2 inches shorter.

She's highlighted blonde already but we're going to bleach all over as it'll be shorter, and i want it reaally white. (although considering toning beige)

At the moment she has a fade blue-black halo at the front, which will obviously need to go for this. This is the first bit of advice needed, how would you go around bleach bathing this bit? her hair is extremely strong, otherwise i wouldn't attempt to go black to blonde in one go, but i will only be using 20 vol and ice creme ammonia free bleach.

Secondly the colour effect i want to achieve is something along the lines of this:

Short Straight Casual hairstyle: Casual Short Straight Hairstyle | TheHairStyler.com

But i'm feeling a more drastic look, and so is she...i want the top dark section to be Blue black, and i want the middle section blue, for which i'm using crazy colour sky blue, even though im not overly keen on this one, she liked it the most.

What do you guys think of that idea? too much? impractical? i just wanna really go for it and push my boundries, as i'm starting to get a little bit nervous with it being january and being quiet...

Also it'll be good for my portfolio, before and after pics :)

Thanks Guys

Whats her natural base? Would roots be exposed or is it all over highlighted?

I think this is a great look, however i have seen it bleed out colour against pre lighten hair before, so before you use your crazy colour id use an ash to stain the hair, any old violet aswel for more of a deeper blue.

I kinda wish you had some blondi rae, to strip it instead!!

If i was doing your look, i would strip it blondi rae, or blach bath with 10vol rather than 20, purely beacuse it is short and its already been processed, dont want it like chewing gum. Section up and then add my blue black on my top section then literally 3-5 minutes before taking to back bar stain with an ash/ ie prep for crazy colour, leave for literally a min, wash. Then apply my sky blue for a more dramatic effect, as it will go slightly green as it fades out. hths xoxo

Whats her natural base? Would roots be exposed or is it all over highlighted?

I think this is a great look, however i have seen it bleed out colour against pre lighten hair before, so before you use your crazy colour id use an ash to stain the hair, any old violet aswel for more of a deeper blue.

I kinda wish you had some blondi rae, to strip it instead!!

If i was doing your look, i would strip it blondi rae, or blach bath with 10vol rather than 20, purely beacuse it is short and its already been processed, dont want it like chewing gum. Section up and then add my blue black on my top section then literally 3-5 minutes before taking to back bar stain with an ash/ ie prep for crazy colour, leave for literally a min, wash. Then apply my sky blue for a more dramatic effect, as it will go slightly green as it fades out. hths xoxo

Thanks for your reply, she's highlighted all over and roots about a 6 so will but using 20 vol on the roots, leaving for 40 mins, then taking through to the ends with 10 vol for 20 mins. Obviously if when observing i feel it should be less then I will leave it longer before I apply to the ends.

After having a chat we may be going even shorter now, more of a Halle berry haircut in cat woman lol

So may have to rethink the colour now but will definitely be using blue and/or blue black somewhere...

Any ideas would be appreciated :)

The black that needs to be lifted isn't worrying me as such with condition so I probably wouldn't gaff with an erasor, I use affinage anyway so quite familiar with them, I just don't know whether to do a mild cleanse then deep cleans or vide versa etc...

Oh and what do you mean by an ash stain?

How did it go?

i had my hair very simlar to this once and i did a star section on top, u can change look depending on how low u bring the star xx

cant see the link hunny x

Well that's certainly different!! Lol love the cut it suits her short x

Hey just quick question wondering what you used to get that shade of blue? :)

Hey i used Crazy colour sky blue, wasn't expecting it to come out as good as it did to be honest, i toned with Affinage 10,21 over the bleach first and let it grab on the ends so the blue help in a bit better, and left it on for 30 mins :)

Dee: I just tried it and it didn't work either so ive changed it and it works now lol

Ballyboo: thankyou :) i knew it would suit her to a certain extent, but she wasn't sure whether it would make her face look round shorter as looking at the 'before' pic you can see she has quite prominent cheek bones, but also quite level forehead and jawline, but so glad we did it because she looks much better for it....her mum nearly cried though haha

All I can say is WOW! :eek:

wow indeed , god i would be scared to death doing that , lol but its fab , lovely color xx

wow indeed , god i would be scared to death doing that , lol but its fab , lovely color xx

Thanks Dee!...it was quite scary at first but i do like to give myself a bit of a push every now and then, keeps me out of my comfort zone lol :) x

Latest posts

Back