Creative Does it Again

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaydee

Reaction score
Hello All, just been flicking through PN and came across enamels and prices. Out of all the professional companies, Creative can't be beaten on the price of their enamels. Fantastic colours and collections, formeldehyde and toulene free, thixotropic. What more could a nail technician ask for...lol.
David.

I LOOOVVVEEE my CND Enamels ...Black Light & Dolled Up are the only 2 Collections .... Ive missed.....Rectifying that very sooon ....lol......

Thixotropic ...My new work for the day.
A liquid that returns to a gel like substance after use????

Merry Xmas Everyone
XX J XX

Hi Jaydee,do CND do formaldahyde free polish now as im allergic to polish and have been told its this that causes the allergy.So far ive only found Boots No.7 is OK to use it would be fab if i could use CND too.Thanks.:D

formaldehyde and toulene free as far as i'm aware... someone will correct me if wrong lol
Zoya (Supernails) polish is also the same.

Hey David (et. All!), glad you noticed :)

But just to clarify, our Enamels are not exactly Toluene and Formaldehyde free. TSF resin is (currently) a key component of CND enamels as is (currently) the best polymer out there for adhesion and long wearability (currently) :D

Here is a quote from Schoon:

Doug Schoon said:
"Contains no Formaldehyde" is seen on some nail enamel or polishes. Should formaldehyde be a concern for nail enamel users? In most cases, no! The negligible amount found in enamel is extremely safe. One exception is the prolonged use of products with more than 1% formaldehyde. At these levels, formaldehyde may cause severe allergic reactions. Fortunately, most nail enamels contain less than 0.0015% formaldehyde. This tiny amount comes from an important ingredient called toluene sulfonamide formaldehyde resin (TSF resin). This resin is very different from formaldehyde in that it will not cause problems unless the client is already allergic to formaldehyde, i.e., from the use of formaldehyde nail hardeners.

Toluene

Toluene has been safely used in nail enamels since the 30's. In the 90's toluene has become a very controversial ingredient. Paranoid politicians passed a state law in California that basically says that safe is not safe enough. California law requires exposure to be thousands of times below the federal safe-exposure level. Because of a lawsuit, the state of California asked for a study which would determine the level of toluene in the average salon. The study showed that the level of toluene found in salon air is more than 200 times below the federal limits. In other words, the air would still be safe to breathe even if the toluene vapors of 200 salons were put into one salon.

Toluene is used to dissolve other ingredients in nail enamels. Polishes with toluene apply smoother and produce more brilliant colors that resist peeling. No other solvent does as good a job as toluene.

TSF Resin

Toluene sulfonamide formaldehyde resin is a polymer produced from each of the chemicals in its name. This particular polymer is widely used to increase the strength of the primary nail polish polymer, nitrocellulose. Hypoallergenic polishes usually contain a polymer resin which makes the polish about 10 - 20% less durable. Another alternative is toluene sulfonamide epoxy resin. This polymer has slightly better properties than the polyesters; however, polishes that contain this resin suffer from poor shelf life. Neither can it compare to TSF resin for strength and durability.

HTHs!

pmsl. Her response and the outdated link was made today. :)

Hello All, just been flicking through PN and came across enamels and prices. Out of all the professional companies, Creative can't be beaten on the price of their enamels. Fantastic colours and collections, formeldehyde and toulene free, thixotropic. What more could a nail technician ask for...lol.
David.

pmsl. Her response and the outdated link was made today. :)
Lol I'll grab the extra strong Nescaffe....you get the biscuits Sam :green:

I have to say though even after nearly 3 years. Jaydee's comment is still VERY true IMO...
I never understand when I see techs asking if anyone knows of a cheaper range of enamels to start off with,
I personally wish I'd have known about CND when I first began my manicure course, I wasted a heck of a lot of money on "not so good enamels" that were more expensive than CND....

And the added bonus that I look very intelligent when I get into my thixotropic chat with a client :lol:

Latest posts

Back