creative question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkirocco

Reaction score
Yesterday i had a client and i used radical liquid instead of retention as she is quite heavy handed so i thought i would see if this made any difference. I think i made a big mistake though because i preped nails with scrub fresh then i used nail fresh but i forgot primer. Will these nails lift straight off? I am so use to using retention without a primer that i totally forgot. Arghhh

In the very early days,with a new client, I completely forgot the primer, she was talking too much, I only realised as I was refining the shape. Obviously I didn't tell her but I worried about it for 3 weeks then she came back with 'em all perfect and I'd spent all that time worrying for nothing! She still comes now! So my advice would be don't worry too much, if your application was good chances are it will be fine (if she has an excessively oily nail plate I suppose that might go against you tho). Bet you won't forget again, I know I didn't!! It's all a learning curve . . .:)

Oh, forgot to say, I don't use Creative but I guess the principle is the same HTH

Thanks for your reply. Nice to hear i'm not the only one who has done this.I am hoping because i used nail fresh then it will be ok but would love to hear from any creative geeks who can help on this one x

Radical is primer 'optional'. As long as your prep is right, you should ok without primer.

If you`d of done this with nsi (which i did once upon a time on one hand) it would of filed away and not stuck to the nail and lifted within a couple of days! :rolleyes:

So many of us at one time or another have forgotten the primer due to talking or other things but as beautynails said if your prep is right there should be no problem.

Radical was the first primerless liquid to hit the market in 1994.

I have never used primer since the day I started using Radical Liquid monomer.

As someone else has said, CND did give the technician the OPTION to use primer with Radical because they knew some nail techs just didn't dare NOT to use primer (remember this was the first primerless liquid) but it has always been meant to be used without primer.

Many technicians at that time, used primer as thier PREP without doing the careful prep we now do as part of Creative training. If you have done your normal good PREP then Radical will work just fine without any primer at all. IN fact it is my favourite liquid monomer to use. HTH

As someone else has said, CND did give the technician the OPTION to use primer with Radical because they knew some nail techs just didn't dare NOT to use primer (remember this was the first primerless liquid) but it has always been meant to be used without primer.

I am one of these!!! BUT, I had bought some Nail dehydrator from Creative and hadn't bought the Primer... I have now though.... and I did my friends nails last week and they are still on and fine, no lifting, nothing - without Primer.

I used the Retention+ L & P and am chuffed to bits with how it works :)

Thank you for all your answers. I did not realise primer was optional with radical so i am hugely relieved.x

In the very early days,with a new client, I completely forgot the primer, she was talking too much, I only realised as I was refining the shape. Obviously I didn't tell her but I worried about it for 3 weeks then she came back with 'em all perfect and I'd spent all that time worrying for nothing! She still comes now! So my advice would be don't worry too much, if your application was good chances are it will be fine (if she has an excessively oily nail plate I suppose that might go against you tho). Bet you won't forget again, I know I didn't!! It's all a learning curve . . .:)

Oh, forgot to say, I don't use Creative but I guess the principle is the same HTH

The product I was using was NSI.

Latest posts

Back