Credit cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairflair'xo

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good credit card? Low/zero interest offers, any special perks? Repayment options? Thanks 😊 xxx

No credit card is a good credit card. Ha ha.. try 'u switch' or the likes of the money supermarket or any comparison website, it will be far easier to make your choice this way.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Remember where you see the word credit, read debt, as that is what they are giving you (says the woman currently trying to pay off her credit cards lol).

Make sure you get a card that does what you want ie balance transfer at a fixed rate or interest free on any purchase etc. Money supermarket is the best place I think as you can see what they offer and compare.

Vicki x

Lloyds purchase platinum card is 0% interest on balance transfers and purchases for 13 months xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

Thankyou all 😊 not sure I can actually get one anyway as I have no credit rating...(never had a loan, card) and I've just recently moved, nobody will give me one I doubt 😔 thanks for your help though!! Xxx

Thankyou all 😊 not sure I can actually get one anyway as I have no credit rating...(never had a loan, card) and I've just recently moved, nobody will give me one I doubt 😔 thanks for your help though!! Xxx

I thought that too, I'm currently unemployed but got a letter from Lloyds to say I was guaranteed a credit card so I applied and got one! Don't know how! Lol I had to put my household income and my partner works full time so I think they've based it on that xx

I thought that too, I'm currently unemployed but got a letter from Lloyds to say I was guaranteed a credit card so I applied and got one! Don't know how! Lol I had to put my household income and my partner works full time so I think they've based it on that xx

So annoying isn't it 😔 I applied for the halifax 15 month interest free one, but I have two jobs and there was only space for one job and income....so although my income is decent try just based it on income from my first job ahhhh xxx

Moneysavingexpert has a brilliant comparison ability for you.

They also allow you to check the likely hood of your success when applying

P x

My fiancé has no credit rating & in order for us to get a mortgage in both our names he has had to build a credit score, he has got his card with Captial One, its like a beginners card he's had it 6months without any problem hth xx

My fiancé has no credit rating & in order for us to get a mortgage in both our names he has had to build a credit score, he has got his card with Captial One, its like a beginners card he's had it 6months without any problem hth xx

Ooh thanks hun, what is the interest like on it? Xx

Visa Vanquis xx

I've given up the idea of a credit card for now, I've already applied for two and been refused so I don't want to apply for more, be refused and damage my rating...but I have been given credit with a catalogue. Have made a small order and will repay on time...hopefully doing this for a year or so will improve my rating! Thanks everyone for all your help, really appreciate it xxx

You can also improve your credit rating by having a mobile phone contract - much less opportunity to get in a right old mess!

Make sure you're on the electoral roll and always leave about £5 on your credit card as with a clean bill won't do much for credit rating. Avoid applying for further credit cards/loans until your credit rating goes up. I'm sure there's a company you register with and they help track your credit rating (can't think of the name right now). The mobile contract does help too. Hope that's helpful.

Latest posts

Back