Crisis of confidence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagll01

Reaction score
Ok, so I qualified with CND on Foundation L&P & Brisa Gel around this time last year. I am a mobile Tech and manage myself around a full time job. I invested so much in putting myself through training, but found not many people wanted enhancements, the majority of my Buisness is Shellac & Minx.
So as you can imagine I'm not getting the exposure to enhancements that I'd like and as a result I've lost my confidence. In fact if someone asks me then I feel sick with dread, it's takes me hours to do them and then I end up not charging!!!
I did do a lady at the end of last year with Brisa and she LOVED them, she has been asking me for ages to do her another set and I keep putting her off.
The last set of Brisa enhancements I did as a practice on my daughter and the Brisa started to separate from the tip? I was sure I did everything right but wondered if some if you wonderful geeks could maybe help me figure out what I did wrong?
I can't keep putting this lovely woman off forever, or waste all that training!
:''(

Hi i am still doing my training so fully understand the cost implications, I have a nail trainer, wonderful! You can practice as much or as little as you want, I'm sure this will help restore your confidence, I have seen them on eBay, I bought mine through essential nails. Good luck, I'm sure you will be great!

Ok, so I qualified with CND on Foundation L&P & Brisa Gel around this time last year. I am a mobile Tech and manage myself around a full time job. I invested so much in putting myself through training, but found not many people wanted enhancements, the majority of my Buisness is Shellac & Minx.
So as you can imagine I'm not getting the exposure to enhancements that I'd like and as a result I've lost my confidence. In fact if someone asks me then I feel sick with dread, it's takes me hours to do them and then I end up not charging!!!
I did do a lady at the end of last year with Brisa and she LOVED them, she has been asking me for ages to do her another set and I keep putting her off.
The last set of Brisa enhancements I did as a practice on my daughter and the Brisa started to separate from the tip? I was sure I did everything right but wondered if some if you wonderful geeks could maybe help me figure out what I did wrong?
I can't keep putting this lovely woman off forever, or waste all that training!
:''(

You need to do this lady's nails! You've done them before, she knows what she's getting - just go and do them. If need be tell her you're a bit rusty so welcome all her feedback, but seriously the only way to get more confident is to do more sets.

One reason Brisa mught have separated from the tip is if you didn't rmove the shine from the tip...... Or if you were using white sculpting gel on a white tip - the white sculpting gel needs uv light from the top and the reflected light from the bottom to fully cure it, so clear tips......

You'll be fine, you're talking yourself out of it!

Hth's

Get a bottle of RESCUE REMEDY from the chemist its herbal, calms the nerves no end :hug:

I have exactly the same problem. I trained in October and since then have done literally a handful of enhancements, l&p or gel....as everyone has been having gelish.

When I get an enquiry I panic! I am still doing them but am not happy with them at all, as I just don't do them enough. I'm always going between taking them off my price list or just keep going and hope for the best! :eek:

Latest posts

Back