Crystal nail gems and shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful You

Reaction score
Hi

I bought some crystal nail gems today as I want to be able to pop a nice line near the eponyichium/base on client's big toes (it looks lovely and everyone around here seems to do it). I was just wondering at what point to pop them on with shellac?

Do I put them on before curing on the second colour layer or just use the sticky inhibition layer after all the colour is cured and then paint over with top coat?

I suppose I am worried they might pick up colour accidently when the colour coat has not been cured. I am going to play on my own feet soon but don't want to waste the gems.

Thanks for any help

Tori x:green:

Hi Tori,
I put the gems on after curing the 2nd coat of colour and applied the top coat and cured. They lasted up to removal. Don't know if this is standard procedure but it worked for me. kx

Thank you so much for your reply, did they just stick happily to the inhitibtion layer then or do you use adhesive? Sorry that seems like a stupid question but just to make double double sure.

I'm excited about trying them out now, although I lost part half of one of my little toenails last night, had bashed it a while back and then I think excercising a lot did the rest - so it could be gorgeous toes and one covered in plasters lol x I'm gutted as I hate things not being uniform!

I do my base and colour coats and then when the top coat goes on, I stick the gems in BEFORE i cure. Then do a second top coat. I only do this with the stronger coloured shellacs so as not to ruin the gems but if its french etc then I set them into the last coat of negligee/romantique carefully and then cure. Top coat as usual. hth xxx

Thank you so much I had pondered the second lot of top coat option as Holly does on rockstar toes. Really helpful of you both :lol:

Latest posts

Back