Crystalization ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Lou

Scatty Blonde Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hiya,

Did a client last night full set L & P. When it came to filing I noticed that they had crustalized just in zone 3. Her hands were freezing and she only had storage heating which comes on at midnight so the room temperature wasnt that brilliant either. I buffed away most of the crystalization and reapplied, some improved some didnt, allthough the client is happy with them (Im not may I add). I informed her that it was because of the room temp and cold hands etc that this happened and she seems fine with that.

What do you other geeks do when your in this situation, do you carry a mobile lamp for this purpose or any other advice ,suggestions will be cool. Obviously its getting colder now and I may come accross this again.

my friend nik has the coldest hands this only happened when i used a certain product but what i used to do was fill a hot water bottle up with warm water,wrapped it in a towel and placed her hands on it while doing her enhancements.

Joanna is right, you must warm the hands NOT the product. You can cause other problems if you try to heat the product!!

Why not change to a product that never crystallizes ??... they have been on the market for years and are more technologically advanced. Creative products have been non crystallizing for more than 10 years. Non everything!! Non yellowing, Non primer, Non crystallizing, non lifting! Non de todo!!

I'd love to use creatives products and love the sound of them but I've only been qualified since june, so I dont qualify for their conversion yet :cry: will have to wait till next June, unless I get a nice big fat xmas present from hubby in the shape of a cnd foundation course. I wish.

I will take the hot water bottle out on my travels from now on lol, strangest thing but if it works thats good enough for me lol .....

Hi Sarah,

In the interim (until you want to do the CND conversion) check with your current supplier - are you using Simplicite as this seems to be notorious for crystalising in our climate - if so then change to one of the other NSI ranges and see if you get better results.

Sorry to say but I would not like to be using a product that was temperamental that I had to test my clients hands, room etc before deciding whether my chosen product was suitable. We have enough stresses in our lives - we want to use something that we know will work EVERY time we use it no matter what the circumstances LOL.

Hi Sarah are you using the Spa Aroma Free acrylic from NSI, ive had the same problme with crystalization and am looking to change over to their Attraction instead it may be worth changing as Fiona said, im sure you can get the trial kit for about £6.00 x x

Hi Kelly,

Im using attraction, I only use spa with sensitive clients who really heave at the smell of attraction. It was attraction I used last nite. Im gonna ring cnd in the morning see what the deal is with conversion etc etc.

Latest posts

Back