Crystals fall off nail, even when cured using IBD no wipe

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrunchyChips

Reaction score
Hello everybody so I am having a bit of a doozy here because I recently bought a ton of swarvoski crystals and I have been securing them to the top of my finish nails using IBD's no wipe top coat. They seem to really last on myself however the past two clients I have done they keep popping off and I have replaced this one girl's crystals three times now and it's always on the same finger I just don't understand what's happening and I was wondering if there was a better way to go about securing it. I've gotten two weeks of where using mine however I noticed when I'm using metal studs that they also fall off within a day so I could really appreciate some type of help or product suggestions

I buff the nail where I'm applying the crystal then apply it with Nsi polybond then I apply topcoat around the crystal and cure.
If the crystals are large I apply with acrylic

I did an experiment on myself for exactly that reason.
For the tiny bits I applied Ink's tip glue on one finger and then stuck the crystals. All of them stuck perfectly, with heavy use, and had to use an old set of cuticle cutters to remove them!
On the other hand I submerged them in the top coat before I cured. Top coat ones didn't last. By the end of 2 weeks I had 0

I guess ciderella's way is much better though as it combines both.

For the big bits, I apply with gel or acrylic, whichever is handy at that moment

Latest posts

Back