CTLLS microteach help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoealana

Reaction score
hi all. wondered if anyone has any ideas for my microteach i need to do on the unit Principles and practice of assessment. i am stumped. dont know if its all of the cake i have eaten over christmas but my brain in on shut down.

Hi, if the main thing is to keep it simple. If it is the same as what I had to do for my PTTLS, it could be on absolutely anything. I opted to do mine on massage because that is what I am passionate about. My advice would be choose something you could talk about for hours and enjoy, then pick a very small part of it, prepare some hand outs, visual aids etc. and think class participation the more fun the better, finish off with a quick quiz to assess. I sat through about 11 other micro teach sessions on my course and all had something in them that i thought was great, with the exception of 1,who just read parrot fashion from the hand out sheet she had prepared and had very little interaction. remember 30 minutes sound like a long time but believe me it fly's by. When i did mine I was a complete wreck, i couldn't eat all day through nerves, and i was so relieved when it was all over. We had our recorded as well, and i have to say that although i hated being filmed, watching it back did wonders for my confidence. I hope this helps a little at least. Good luck.xx

OOOPS sorry i think i misunderstood your question, i would look at the different methods of assessment then how, why and when they would be used, still following the basic principles in my above post. hth

see the problem i have is the same as last time its only 15 min but we have to do it based on the essay not your area. poop. will have a think

Latest posts

Back