Cuccio pamper parties?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_owl

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been researching nail ranges to use after I qualify. I had narrowed it down to two and had finally decided to go with Cuccio. However, I then came across a page on their website that states that Cuccio products are available for pamper parties:

"Pamper party plans are also available together with retail displays and full support material"

I have arranged to speak to someone in head office this week to clarify exactly what this means, but I'm concerned if the brand uses multi-level marketing.

Thoughts?

Lucy x

I take it to mean we as professionals can retail to our clients. I don't read it as anyone can offer a pamper party like say Avon. I think it's geared towards maximising our retail sales.

They also state *most* of their products are trade only.

Please let us know what they come back with. xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1405847202220.jpg
    1405847202220.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 1405847222474.jpg
    1405847222474.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 202
Hi all, I've already enquired about this, as I do makeup parties as a sideline and love Cuccio products. From what I understand it's a mani/ pedi party so you talk about the products to a group of guests at a hostesses house, or your salon, perform a treatment on the hostess, all the guests try the products out and buy what they wish. You then get a commission from your sales.
I do this successfully with a makeup & skincare brand and ladies love a pamper party. I think Monu are doing it too (skincare).
I've not taken the plunge yet but will
next year when I return to the uk

Thank you for the replies, I will update the thread when I speak to them.

Getglam can I just clarify, did they say you needed to be a professional to host a party, as you mentioned carrying out a treatment?

I'm just starting out, and I'm finding it hard enough trying to convince people my qualification means something, without using products that non-professionals can also sell (not saying that's definitely the case with Cuccio!)

x

Hi, I was approached by Cuccio only Friday about being a party host. Unfortunately its not something I'm able to take on at this time (I have only just swapped to Cuccio, which is why I think they contacted me about it, as we had already spoken and clarified my qualifications etc) but, yes, you have to be fully qualified.

Basically, as already said, you host a party to retail specific products, and get commission on what you retail.

I believe the products you demonstrate/sell at the parties are specific retail products anyway, not the veneer etc, which obviously are pro only products.

I think its a fantastic way of getting the wonderful Cuccio brand more known to the public!

Customer service at Cuccio was second to none! I have very recently swapped over from all CND products. I am massively impressed, and my clients already much prefer both the lacquer and veneer to Vinylux & shellac!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Hi, I was approached by Cuccio only Friday about being a party host. Unfortunately its not something I'm able to take on at this time (I have only just swapped to Cuccio, which is why I think they contacted me about it, as we had already spoken and clarified my qualifications etc) but, yes, you have to be fully qualified.

Basically, as already said, you host a party to retail specific products, and get commission on what you retail.

I believe the products you demonstrate/sell at the parties are specific retail products anyway, not the veneer etc, which obviously are pro only products.

I think its a fantastic way of getting the wonderful Cuccio brand more known to the public!

Customer service at Cuccio was second to none! I have very recently swapped over from all CND products. I am massively impressed, and my clients already much prefer both the lacquer and veneer to Vinylux & shellac!

Very interested to hear you've swapped from Cnd to cuccio . I too use shellac & just starting with vinylux. I like shellac but have had a few teething problems. Did your clients mind u swapping over?x

I had been using shellac for three years, and Vinylux since launch.

I loved shellac, but clients with anything less than perfect nails, just weren't getting anywhere near the 14 day wear.

Vinylux really took some getting used to. I loved that it was so quick drying, but application could be tricky due to this, removal could be a nightmare, and again, it didn't last as it should on less than perfect nails.

I was advised by CND to use brisa under my shellac,but to me this defeated the object of an easy to apply gel polish, and ment further expense for myself & my clients.

I invested in megamix to try, and within weeks, all of my shellac clients had converted to mm as it lasted sooo well, and application and removal only took a minute or two longer than shellac.

I then started trying some normal polish to possibly replace Vinylux, and cuccio came out tops, by a mile!

So i changed brand, and just got a few bottles of veneer to try.

So far, I love it, so do my clients.

Some clients ask for shellac by name, but not many actually know anything about it, other than the name. They want a long lasting gel polish, with a great shine, no fading, and easy application & removal.

Cuccio seems to deliver on all of these points. I so wanted to be a CND girl, but it just wasn't the product for me, or my clients. Cuccio hopefully is!

I am training in harmony gelish because I already loved the brand. I am also training in harmony acrylics and am really impressed with the products. I have nothing to compare them to though. I must say when I asked about crystal nails people raved about their products on here and the gel polish colours look amazing!

Marie

Oh forgot to say as well that someone mentioned to me that cuccio ruined her nails but I dont know if that was the product or the person applying it. Have you put a post on here asking people which they recommend?

Thank you all for taking the time to reply, it's given me lots of food for thought!

Marie - was it the lacquer or the gel polish that ruined the lady's nails?

Lucyx

Thank you all for taking the time to reply, it's given me lots of food for thought!

Marie - was it the lacquer or the gel polish that ruined the lady's nails?

Lucyx

I very much doubt it was either! I'm unaware of how any polish or gel could ruin nails, unless it involves harsh buffing of the nail plate.

Cuccio doesn't require any buffing (other than to remove shine from top coat before removal).

I am inclined to think it was the person who applied or removed incorrectly, rather than the product used :)

The Cuccio Pamper Parties, retail brochure and support material are only available for professionals . The aim is to help professionals increase their income by providing them with the materials to support their customers and benefit from the fantastic response to Cuccio products from Consumers.

A lady called Jenny Bell at Cuccio HQ can provide more information.

Guess what ladies, I'm taking the plunge and ordering the conversion kit! I'm struggling on colour choice (I can choose 26). The majority of my ladies are in the army so can only get way with neutral & soft pinks, French etc. what are your favourites?

I use cuccio - veneer, polish and their naturale pedicure/manicure ranges. I LOVE them. Clients are thrilled with the results - I've got one lady who has had my veneer on her toes for 8 weeks. Obviously the nail has grown but not one chip or any lifting etc.

I have had a couple of girls complaining that the gel polish has runied their nails - guess what - they picked the gel polish off. The nail had not become thin or damaged - they just needed buffy and some cuticle oil - perfect again. Seriously, why not pay to have it professionally removed :(

I use cuccio - veneer, polish and their naturale pedicure/manicure ranges. I LOVE them. Clients are thrilled with the results - I've got one lady who has had my veneer on her toes for 8 weeks. Obviously the nail has grown but not one chip or any lifting etc.

I have had a couple of girls complaining that the gel polish has runied their nails - guess what - they picked the gel polish off. The nail had not become thin or damaged - they just needed buffy and some cuticle oil - perfect again. Seriously, why not pay to have it professionally removed :(

I am waiting for my cuccio products to come today!! How exciting, do you charge extra for removal of gels?

I charge £5 for removal. I saw a tip a little while ago and it does work - prep the nails for removal, soak cotton pads in cuccio soak off solution and wrap in foil - put hands/feet in plastic bags and place in heated booties/mitts. The heat really helps to speed the process up.

Latest posts

Back