Cuccio pro powder dips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmread988

nail ninja
Reaction score
Finally had some time to try the starter kit out on the new powder polish.
Just wanted to ask a few questions, so far I'm quite impressed with how easy and quick it is.
After I had finished the nails didn't seem glossy enough so am I right in using a gel top coat over them (didn't come with set so used my cjp one) so far they look glossy with the top coat I had put on and it seems to adhere OK. I did give them a light buffing over and shaped them up a bit before the final gloss, would that be OK,,, I'm used to doing gel polish on natural nails and you obviously don't break the seal on those by shaping etc
Also I was wondering on what techs are charging to do this ? And do they soak off as easy as gel polish ?

I'm only interested in using it as a natural nail enhancer rather then a extension as I don't have issues with my extension clients (acrylic /gel )
Is it as kind to natural nails as a gel polish would be?? Already I'm impressed with how solid they are , they feel like acrylic strength on my own nails, and my nails are very uneven and bumpy (due to eczema) and it's has gone on so smooth filling every Ridge as if I'd sculpted acrylic!

I had no idea how to use it or what it would be like when I got the kit (mainly out of curiosity ) but it smells and feels like resin , like the old fibreglass days! ☺ which made me wonder if instead of using the activated as a brush on ..can it be used as a spray ?? As my brush kept going a bit stiff

Sorry for all the unloading of my thoughts and questions ......thanks in advance
...phew!

I use Cuccio but not the powder polishes.
You'd be best contacting your rep as they can come out for a demo

Finally had some time to try the starter kit out on the new powder polish.
Just wanted to ask a few questions, so far I'm quite impressed with how easy and quick it is.
After I had finished the nails didn't seem glossy enough so am I right in using a gel top coat over them (didn't come with set so used my cjp one) so far they look glossy with the top coat I had put on and it seems to adhere OK. I did give them a light buffing over and shaped them up a bit before the final gloss, would that be OK,,, I'm used to doing gel polish on natural nails and you obviously don't break the seal on those by shaping etc
Also I was wondering on what techs are charging to do this ? And do they soak off as easy as gel polish ?

I'm only interested in using it as a natural nail enhancer rather then a extension as I don't have issues with my extension clients (acrylic /gel )
Is it as kind to natural nails as a gel polish would be?? Already I'm impressed with how solid they are , they feel like acrylic strength on my own nails, and my nails are very uneven and bumpy (due to eczema) and it's has gone on so smooth filling every Ridge as if I'd sculpted acrylic!

I had no idea how to use it or what it would be like when I got the kit (mainly out of curiosity ) but it smells and feels like resin , like the old fibreglass days! ☺ which made me wonder if instead of using the activated as a brush on ..can it be used as a spray ?? As my brush kept going a bit stiff

Sorry for all the unloading of my thoughts and questions ......thanks in advance
...phew!
When i did the Cuccio powder polish course, they only use the activator at the end. Apply base/top resin dip in colour, apply layering resin dip in colour, apply layering resin dip in clear, apply base/top resin and apply activator. As it is a resin you could probably use their spray activator so long as you spray 6" or more away to prevent a burn. Yes file and shape and apply gel top coat if required. Charge more than for gel polish as client is getting strength too. Takes a bit longer to remove.

When i did the Cuccio powder polish course, they only use the activator at the end. Apply base/top resin dip in colour, apply layering resin dip in colour, apply layering resin dip in clear, apply base/top resin and apply activator. As it is a resin you could probably use their spray activator so long as you spray 6" or more away to prevent a burn. Yes file and shape and apply gel top coat if required. Charge more than for gel polish as client is getting strength too. Takes a bit longer to remove.
Thankyou foryour reply :)

Latest posts

Back