Cuccio vs CND?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilCheekyMonkey

Reaction score
What's your preference?

Cuccio is cheap and cheerful but some of their products are fab like the t3 hard gel and also the cuccio veneer gel polish I've been trialling out is nice. Cnd is a higher end range with also great products such as Brisa lite and shellac. The only downside is they are a lot more expensive but then you do get what you pay for.

Thank you to those of you that replied :)

100% CND without a doubt. I have tried other company products and came back to CND as there products and backing are second to none.

You get what you pay for really. They might seem more expensive than others but you always know if you have any issues, there is a team there ready to help you out always.

hth :)

I think cuccio are really good. They are not as well known as CND but I have been told by someone that has been in the nail industry for 12 years and is a tutor that they are on par. There's pros and cons to every product so you just have to find the right one for you! I've had shellac many times and find I can't get more than 8 days max out of it. I think it's more about how well you apply it as apposed to the actual product.

Cuccio all the way for me, since starting out I have looked for lesser known but still high quality products, I can't fault their Veneer. It's a slightly riskier move in offering products that are lesser known to clients, but I like to take a risk and offer something different :)

That's my thinking too. Getting my system tomorrow. Recommend any good starter colours? :) x

I use CND for the complete Shellac system, but because I could not get the Almond Spa starter kit for manicure I have purchased Cuccio xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I think cuccio are really good. They are not as well known as CND but I have been told by someone that has been in the nail industry for 12 years and is a tutor that they are on par. There's pros and cons to every product so you just have to find the right one for you! I've had shellac many times and find I can't get more than 8 days max out of it. I think it's more about how well you apply it as apposed to the actual product.

The actual product plays a HUGE role in longevity. I would know lol as I dont do my own nails as meticulously as my clients and I get over 2 weeks of Shellac wear. More than likely, not everyone is suited to Shellac alone, hence the need to be trained in ALL the systems a company offers. Nails are a prescriptive service, so when Shellac isn't enough Smoothing Gel can be used under it for added strength. There is no one product fit all and there never should be as not every nail and every lifestyle is the same.

Cleen Cheeks Spa

Again thanks for replies. Amazed that a year on this thread has further responses. It's just a shame they came a little too late lol. When I started this thread I was researching into who too train with and what brand to use.

It is very interesting too hear about other brands, even more so now that I'm qualified. Keep sharing, it's nice to hear all the good and the bad points about each brand, when it comes to using them. Especially in brands that aren't so popular.

Who did you end up training with?

I ask as I'm currently making the decision who to train with X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Who did you end up training with?

I ask as I'm currently making the decision who to train with X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I decided to go with Nail Harmony. My reasons, I loved the colour choices, the training was fantastic and when I called my local educator she was so kind and so very helpful. She answered all my questions and reassured my concerns.

When I tried to find out more about Cuccio the lady I spoke to was extremely rude. I didn't go with CND because in my area all you see is Shellac this, Shellac that, it meant I would have been fighting even more for customers.

I choose Harmony and I'm very glad I did, there are downsides but there is with every brand. I feel comfortable ringing my educator and asking questions even 6 months on from my training. I was also able to have one on one training with her which is very important for me. It meant I could ask all the questions I needed, without feeling judged by people that are already in the industry.

I hope this helps you make the right choice for you x

I trailed Cuccio T3 gel on myself and a client last year. Both of is are har wearing and it seemed to tick the boxes. Whilst I liked that fact that the T3 gel is already coloured pots and application was easy. It had the most horrendous hear spike. My client couldn't bare to keep her hand in the lamp for more than 10 seconds. I was 'put up' with it, although it was quite painfull too. I got less than 5 days out of it.
Never tired the Veneer.
I use CND. Love it. Never had a heat spike from any of their gels and get a good wear out of them.

Latest posts

Back