Culinary festive 'must haves!'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deena

Reaction score
Now that the festivities are upon us, what are your food/drink treats, the ones that most encompass the whole Christmas experience and you couldn't possibly do without? Setting aside the traditional dinner/pudding etc, what really makes the season special for you?

For myself, I'm not a drinker, but I adore a glass or two of Bailey's Irish Cream and a mince pie. I wouldn't really think of them throughout the year, but they really set the mood for me at this time.

Merry Christmas to you all! :hug: x

Last edited:
Can't do Christmas without Christmas Cake. Not quite the same as pudding, but just as delicious. I've already cut into mine too, simply because I couldn't wait any longer :lick:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 196
Ooooh, lovely! Did you 'Feed' it regularly beforehand, before you succumbed to gastronomic temptation? :hug:

I know it's dinner but gherkins and bubble and squeak on Boxing Day - even if as a kid I couldn't eat gherkins as I thought they looked like pickled toads!!

I can't drink this year with a bun in my oven, but previous years, for the sake of nostalgia I love baby sham, snowballs and cocktail cherries :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ooooh, lovely! Did you 'Feed' it regularly beforehand, before you succumbed to gastronomic temptation? :hug:

Yes, with brandy!

I know it's dinner but gherkins and bubble and squeak on Boxing Day - even if as a kid I couldn't eat gherkins as I thought they looked like pickled toads!!

I can't drink this year with a bun in my oven, but previous years, for the sake of nostalgia I love baby sham, snowballs and cocktail cherries :)

Oooooh yes, snowballs with a hint of lime! Sublime! :hug:

Deffo bubble and squeak on boxing day, Disaronno and coke and sprouts - bloody love 'em!

Sprouts. Yummmm. Love them.
Snowballs.
Walnut whips. Can eat loads. Allow myself some at Christmas

Chocolate Brazil nuts, match makers and after eights. Jesus ive realised I'm a right throw back from the 80s/90s. All that's missing is Del Boy xmas special on TV ;)

Chocolate Brazil nuts, match makers and after eights. Jesus ive realised I'm a right throw back from the 80s/90s. All that's missing is Del Boy xmas special on TV ;)

Sheesh, only the '80s/'90s! :hug: I can go back to the '60s as a pup, the Morecambe and Wise Christmas Specials, Billy Smart's Circus, Christmas Night With the Stars plus the plays 'Wot I wrote' by 'Little Ern!' and, the ultimate luxury - being treated to the film 'The Bombing Of Pearl Harbour' afterwards. BBC1 really knew how to get us in the festive spirit in those days! :lol::lol: Really got us in the mood, I can tell you! :rolleyes::lol:

Last edited:

But it's not Christmas day without Only Fools and Horses on the tele!

Christmas isn't Christmas without the darts!!! And everything with cream on it - double, clotted, whipped, sprayed, squirted or dollopped!!!!! (Keep it clean guys)!!!

On Christmas eve we ALWAYS have a boiling gamon sarnies.
So yummy when the meat is still hot mmmmmm.

I usually have pink & white turkish delight too but have not bought any this year.

Pink and white turkish delight in the little box, covered with white icing sugar, reminds me of my mum. She always used to buy us some at Christmas, along with Meltis Newberry Fruits with the liquid centre and Cadbury's Milk Tray. Ahhhhhhh .... the bitter/sweet nostaligia of it all! :lol:

Jäger and French Connectiom Champagne! All at the ready ;) xx

My nan was a sugared almond and York fruits kinda gal at Christmas :)

Chocolate orange!! My mum has always bought my dad one and for the last maybe 6 years I get one too yum :)

White chocolate orange & pringles!

Yep chocolate orange for me too.

With regards to Christmas dinner, bring on the sprouts I can't wait. :D

Cannot stand sprouts but my mum puts one single sprout on my plate every year.

My mums prawn cocktail is one of the best things at xmas xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back