Cureplex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been following a large Australian hairdressing page that is trialling olaplex cureplex and snaplex - and reviewing all 3 so far cureplex has seen amazing results and is half the price of olaplex
Wanting to know how people are going to charge for these new products
Hairdressers of australia?

I would actually love to hear from a Cureplex educator as well in regards to how any of those ingredients can actually build bonds in the hair. There would be absolutely zero scientific basis and I'm interested to learn how they are trying to spin it. Oils and copolymers will do nothing in regards to cross linking single sulfur hydrogen bonds.

I would actually love to hear from a Cureplex educator as well in regards to how any of those ingredients can actually build bonds in the hair. There would be absolutely zero scientific basis and I'm interested to learn how they are trying to spin it. Oils and copolymers will do nothing in regards to cross linking single sulfur hydrogen bonds.
I would too. I haven't looked into it but if you find out let me know.

We have been on the waiting list for Olaplex and out of impatience we decided to give Cureplex a try. I have tried it a few times now and it seems too good to be true! Which has me wondering if it is. The results are amazing! I tried on a coworker first who has extremely fine, fragile hair and usually stays away from bleach at all times. Did a few powder lightener foils with 3% and it was amazing! This usually would have turned her hair to jelly, So i have tried on a couple of clients and had equally as amazing results. What really has me worrying is the insistance for the client to maintain step 3 at home. I am desperate to know what will happen if step 3 is not religiously used? I am going to hold off until company can give me more information. I have a duty of care to my clients and i would be mortified if i find out that their hair will just turn to shit in a month! Would love to know if anyone has any further information on this! Thanks

We have been on the waiting list for Olaplex and out of impatience we decided to give Cureplex a try. I have tried it a few times now and it seems too good to be true! Which has me wondering if it is. The results are amazing! I tried on a coworker first who has extremely fine, fragile hair and usually stays away from bleach at all times. Did a few powder lightener foils with 3% and it was amazing! This usually would have turned her hair to jelly, So i have tried on a couple of clients and had equally as amazing results. What really has me worrying is the insistance for the client to maintain step 3 at home. I am desperate to know what will happen if step 3 is not religiously used? I am going to hold off until company can give me more information. I have a duty of care to my clients and i would be mortified if i find out that their hair will just turn to shit in a month! Would love to know if anyone has any further information on this! Thanks

Sorry that it has taken so long to get Olaplex. We are at the Sydney Hair show in June. Please stop by. Olaplex is the only patented formula that cross links sulfur hydrogen bonds. Everything else is just oil that will wash off in a few shampoo's. Do a test with 40v for an hour. You will see the real chemistry. Dean. Founder of Olaplex.

I love cureplex !! Our old apprentice (don't ask grr) snapped off my bosses whole part line area with bleach. I've used cureplex once in her tint. Once her toner and twice as a treatment an her hair feels so much stronger!

Still waiting for the Cureplex expert to tell us how it links broken disulfide bonds....Is that Crickets I hear?

Im waiting too, I have started using Cureplex and so far Im pretty impressed, Im gutted that I can't make the local Curplex demo as Ill be in the uk :((( so yes please any experts out there?????

Cureplex primary active ingredient is sodium laneth-40 maleate/styrene sulfonate copolymer and is classified as hair waving or straightening hair fixing film forming. With that being said, it will coat the hair. There is absolutely no basis in chemistry. Ethanolamine, the second ingredient, helps to form emulsions by reducing the surface tension of the substances to be emulsified so that water-soluble and oil-soluble ingredients can be blended together. Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) is used in the cosmetics and beauty industry as a binder, film former, emulsion stabilizer, suspending agent and hair fixative. In addition to these first three ingredients, you have multiple oils. At best, this will coat the hair.

Terry Katz thank you!

This prob doesnt help but when I was looking at my supplyers veraion of olaplex colourphlex, I contacted the suppler of olaplex saying I wanted to test them both, they sent me this pic saying im not the only one that is testing them off against each other, olaplex still seems to be coming off ontop. But if olaplex isnt a option I used the colorplex and that still worked so my view is using any of them in the salon is better than no e of them :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-23-11-04-57.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-23-11-04-57.png
    653.7 KB · Views: 148
What the hell thats double the price though?

Uncalled for. Is it distributed by olaplex in aus?
Its the same in NZ too super expensive.

Ornate -- I would say normally that you would be absolutely correct in saying something is better than nothing. In this case however, that is not true. Look at those hair swatches in the study they sent you. You can't fry a clients hair and say "well it's better then nothing!" Olaplex gives you freedom to push the boundaries of your art. Colorphlex does not. It might give a temporary effect that will wash out quickly, but it is not re-linking broken di-sulfide bonds and it is not going to do anything to protect the integrity and/or repair compromised hair. [emoji4]

Last edited:
I have had a Cureplex service on my hair (powder lightener and 20vol over previous lightenings) and my hair is breaking. I know things have limits and that of course my hair is going to eventually break but honestly, even the hair that wasn't previously bleached feels horrid. I'm also worried about what will happen if I don't use step 3. I am not sold on it. A client had a balayage and her ends felt really dehydrated too. I have zero confidence in Cureplex. I will be buying my own Olaplex for my personal hair use.

Cureplex is no good in the long run, it's exactly like buying hair extensions that feel so amazing, but for how long ? 2-3 months at most. After the silicone coating has eventually come off you start seeing the true quality of the hair.
That's exactly what Cureplex is, I will not be using that stuff on any of my clients.

Cureplex is no good in the long run, it's exactly like buying hair extensions that feel so amazing, but for how long ? 2-3 months at most. After the silicone coating has eventually come off you start seeing the true quality of the hair.
That's exactly what Cureplex is, I will not be using that stuff on any of my clients.

I was under the impression that cureplex does not leave a silicone coating on the hair...I've just finished my first lot of olaplex and wanted to know the difference between cureplex and olaplex.

Bubbly -- One is a patented chemistry designed to cross link broken disulfide bonds before, during and after a service. The other one is Cureplex.

For more details:

Cureplex primary active ingredient is sodium laneth-40 maleate/styrene sulfonate copolymer and is classified as hair waving or straightening hair fixing film forming. With that being said, it will coat the hair. There is absolutely no basis in chemistry. Ethanolamine, the second ingredient, helps to form emulsions by reducing the surface tension of the substances to be emulsified so that water-soluble and oil-soluble ingredients can be blended together. Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) is used in the cosmetics and beauty industry as a binder, film former, emulsion stabilizer, suspending agent and hair fixative. In addition to these first three ingredients, you have multiple oils. At best, this will coat the hair.

I was under the impression that cureplex does not leave a silicone coating on the hair...I've just finished my first lot of olaplex and wanted to know the difference between cureplex and olaplex.
I was using the hair extensions and silicone coating as an example.. But that's what Cureplex does it coats the hair... That's why a lot of people and myself personally have had a good experience when the service was done but after your clients go home and wash their hair and etc you'll notice that their hair actually is damaged and you will get breakage.
Personally I would just invest in Olaplex even though it's pricey you'll make the money back.

Latest posts

Back