Current hair extensions & new ones?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShannonD

Reaction score
IMG_7345.JPG IMG_7346.JPG

Hi I'm wondering if you can help me, I've been having pre bonded extensions for a while but wanting some that last longer. I'll attach a picture of my current ones that have been in 2 months (the bonds are blue from shampoo). I personally don't think they're that discreet at all as in total the bond measures out just under an inch long.

I've been looking at remi cachet mini tips or getting transform Russian Mongolian nano bonds if anyone has any recommendations or experience with those.

I can 100% recommend remi cachet mini tips! So tiny and discreet , I wear mine for 12 weeks and then have them refitted. Had the hair for 7 months now and still feels amazing! Xx

I can 100% recommend remi cachet mini tips! So tiny and discreet , I wear mine for 12 weeks and then have them refitted. Had the hair for 7 months now and still feels amazing! Xx

How many strands do you have in? Can you easily wear a pony? X

How about Beauty Works Nano bonds? I would probably apply 100-150 dependant on thickness & result required. They are 0.8gram strands. The hair lasts my clients & myself with correct aftercare usually around a year or 3-4 fittings. Yes you can wear a pony with these but make sure your hair extensionist that’s fitting them for you has this interest at heart xx

How about Beauty Works Nano bonds? I would probably apply 100-150 dependant on thickness & result required. They are 0.8gram strands. The hair lasts my clients & myself with correct aftercare usually around a year or 3-4 fittings. Yes you can wear a pony with these but make sure your hair extensionist that’s fitting them for you has this interest at heart xx
Ive heard mixed reviews about BW extensions that's what's putting me off a little bit but never heard a bad word about Remi x

Oh really I haven’t had any problems with them (up to press!). Is it more the hair you’re wanting to change or the method? As you never mentioned what brand hair you were using before. Me personally, I have pre-bonds in but I have them cut in half so they are really tiny and you cannot see them at all! Xx

Oh really I haven’t had any problems with them (up to press!). Is it more the hair you’re wanting to change or the method? As you never mentioned what brand hair you were using before. Me personally, I have pre-bonds in but I have them cut in half so they are really tiny and you cannot see them at all! Xx
I have no idea what hair it is! The lady who does my extensions has never told me what supply she uses as I've never asked. I just find that after a few washes the blonde starts becoming knotty and matting, I have to straighten it every day otherwise it just tangles and creates knots in my own hair xx

I have no idea what hair it is! The lady who does my extensions has never told me what supply she uses as I've never asked. I just find that after a few washes the blonde starts becoming knotty and matting, I have to straighten it every day otherwise it just tangles and creates knots in my own hair xx
Sorry forgot to add yes I'm wanting to change method as I've heard the mini locks are barely noticeable x

Oh really! It sounds like she’s being using cheap hair.
I’m thinking about doing a course to offer this to my clients although been told it’s just as good as as micro-beads but flatter and more coverage. Remi cachet sounds really good!

Last edited:
Oh really! It sounds like she’s being using cheap hair.
I’m thinking about doing a course to offer this to my clients although being told it’s basically micro-beads but smaller and with the choice of smaller different fixtures (tubes/rings) Remi cachet sounds really good!
Her darker colours are really good, but I had double drawn 18" fitted to begin with and they were gorgeous first day, soon as I washed them they went downhill from there they were so tangly and shedding all the time. When I had them taken out I had 50 put in just to match my short hair and thought they'd be better as they weren't as long and prone to knotting but they're knotting at the back with my own hair now, nightmare!

I've been researching what to get for ages and it was between Remi cachet and transform Russian Mongolian, but then I was debating on a weave or nano/micro bonds x

I never got along with Russian it seemed to dry out and matt up straight away. I don’t think it was the Transfrom brand though but it’s put me off now.
Weave or nano/micro bonds. Do you have fine hair?the smaller the bead, the less tension it has to hold the bond in place with your hair causing it to move down/slip out more than they usually would. Micro-rings are more liable to be seen but have more grip as they are slightly bigger. I used to swear by a braid weave but a little bulky when wearing your hair up! LA Weave a lot of clients love as opposed to the Micro-weft weave but I suppose it’s your personal preference x

Last edited:
I never got along with Russian it seemed to dry out and matt up straight away. I don’t think it was the Transfrom brand though but it’s put me off now.
Weave or nano/micro bonds. Do you have fine hair?the smaller the bead, the less tension it has to hold the bond in place with your hair causing it to move down/slip out more than they usually would. Micro-rings are more liable to be seen but have more grip as they are slightly bigger. I used to swear by a braid weave but a little bulky when wearing your hair up! LA Weave a lot of clients love as opposed to the Micro-weft weave but I suppose it’s your personal preference x
I wouldn't say fine hair but my natural hair is pin straight and silky so I always thought a bulky weave track would be so obvious when I have a big chunk in my hair. I started looking into nano bonds and researched on here then people were swaying towards mini tips because they're less damaging or so and flatter xx

I wouldn't say fine hair but my natural hair is pin straight and silky so I always thought a bulky weave track would be so obvious when I have a big chunk in my hair. I started looking into nano bonds and researched on here then people were swaying towards mini tips because they're less damaging or so and flatter xx
I think Mini tips sound perfect! Please let me know how you get on :) x

Hi, I have been recommended endlesstyles.co.uk by someone who wore #60 with correct aftercare for over a year as I also have trouble finding good quality extensions in blondes without paying over the top. You can get a trade account but unfortunately they don't do this tiny tips so you would have to retip them to make them smaller and get your mini rings/tubes elsewhere.

Hi, I have been recommended endless styles extensions by someone who wore #60 with correct aftercare for over a year as I also have trouble finding good quality extensions in blondes without paying over the top. You can get a trade account but unfortunately they don't do this tiny tips so you would have to retip them to make them smaller and get your mini rings/tubes elsewhere.
I'm straying away from blondes! I've decided I'm going back dark, much less maintanece xx

I'm straying away from blondes! I've decided I'm going back dark, much less maintanece xx
Good call, the darker shades last so much longer, unfortunately I have to stay blonde as darker shades don't suit me at all being very pale skinned.

Good call, the darker shades last so much longer, unfortunately I have to stay blonde as darker shades don't suit me at all being very pale skinned.
I too am very pale but I feel like blonde really washes me out sometimes! Xx

Latest posts

Back