Custom made ombre hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbrownx

Reaction score
Hi I am fitting a ladies hair extensions in a couple of weeks but worried as i am ordering custom ombre from s58 but as I am fitting the head would the ombre start moving up the head? I hope you understand what I mean. Any help is appreciated

Does the lady already have an ombre dye to her hair?

Just wanted to add that you should not worry too much about whats underneath, you will only see the top layer, however, if the lady already has an ombre dye to her hair I hope that you measured how far down it needed to go - if that makes sense?

With ladies that already have an ombre I only add the lighter colour underneath. With the custom ombres tbh they are more of a dip dye and I am personally not keen on the look (i had them myself, nothing against the hair, I just think it looks cheap) as it was too harsh. You will have to keep your sections perfect and ensure that your bonds are all the same distance from the scalp.

I hope the above makes sense. I have attached a pic of an ombre/dip dye that I did without custom hair, I just added 2 shades of blonde.

Attachments

• ultrasonic18.jpg
    ultrasonic18.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 9,215
I agree, i just add a few shades of blonde to create the look without dying the extensions!

LusciousLocks&Me

Hi I'm new to extensions and a new geek!!! I'd also appreciate a bit if advice!!
I have a client who already has ombre dyed hair, she is 1/4 dark at top then blonde for the other 3/4's.
She ways a full head for volume and length!! How best can I achieve this?? I thought it would be best to bye custom made ombre extensions but same as lady above as you move up the top of the head will the colour go to high?? Hope this makes sense.
Thanks

Hi I'm new to extensions and a new geek!!! I'd also appreciate a bit if advice!!
I have a client who already has ombre dyed hair, she is 1/4 dark at top then blonde for the other 3/4's.
She ways a full head for volume and length!! How best can I achieve this?? I thought it would be best to bye custom made ombre extensions but same as lady above as you move up the top of the head will the colour go to high?? Hope this makes sense.
Thanks

I think I understand what you mean. You think if you i high on the head you can see the extensions?
If this is what you mean then no is the answer because you will always have a top layer of the clients natural hair so you cant see the bonds or the colour at the top I'll send you a picture as I have done this myself with a client. She had black hair and wanted a light brown/blonde without dying her own hair.
As you can see it blends nicely and cant see the colour. Hope this helps!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389727327.772417.jpg

LusciousLocks&Me

Yes that's what I was trying to say lol...
So should I just colour match to lightest part of hair at bottom as its already ombre effect then the dark section at top should cover the light hair underneath??
My client would like a full head would this technique be ok for full head??
Lovely picture of your work, hair looks amazing!! is that a full head??
Thanks for help much appreciated😄

Yes that's what I was trying to say lol...
So should I just colour match to lightest part of hair at bottom as its already ombre effect then the dark section at top should cover the light hair underneath??
My client would like a full head would this technique be ok for full head??
Lovely picture of your work, hair looks amazing!! is that a full head??
Thanks for help much appreciated😄

Yes just colour match to the ends, if it'd blonde shes wanting use 2 or 3 different shades of blonde. Yes it is a full head. Let us know how you get on

LusciousLocks&Me

Her hair is all brown just wants ombre extensions but as I go to the top of the head where the hair gets lighter will gradually move up the head, does this still look ok

Yes it wont show through

LusciousLocks&Me

Latest posts

Back