Customer complaint?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamm88

Reaction score
I'm mobile and did a new lady yesterday for capped highlights. She had short hair with maybe 2 inches of root and about 1/2 inch of bleached ends. Pulled through and applied on roots for 25 mins (bleach and 30vol) took through to the ends for the last 5 mins just to freshen them up. When I was cutting I noticed the ends were a bit fragile (not to the point I was really worried), but she was adamant she only wanted the tiniest bit cut off, everywhere else was fine. She has text me today to say her hair is breaking off! I'm going to see her again tomorrow and explained it could be the overlap and maybe just having a bit more cut off would help. Anyone got any advice of what else to say/do?

Did you do a strand test first? X

What level were the roots? I rarely use anything stronger than 3% with bleach I like to lift slowly, I also find it gives a nicer, clean blonde when lifted slowly. Less brassy tones. Is she aware bleach is used on her hair because some new clients have told me they don't have bleach in their hair from previous hairdressers and they clearly do they just get told they don't. I would probably recommend to your client that more needs to be trimmed off and offer a free conditioning treatment while your there xx

What was her starting base?

I didn't know people still used the cap!!

If she doesn't want any more cut off then advise her to use a conditioning treatment, it's not going to repair the hair completely but it will make it feel better x

Latest posts

Back