Customer not willing to pay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloester

Reaction score
Has anyone ever experienced a customer unwilling to pay? I haven’t but I don’t know what I would do in this situation so for future reference how would you react and what would be the correct professional manner to approach this situation

This happened once when I was out of the salon and my girls weren't sure what to do so they let the person leave. I hadn't even thought what to do in this situation so I spoke to citizens advice and they said leaving without paying amounted to theft.

We have since put in place a policy that if a customer refuses to pay they should be informed that as they have received a service they are required by law to pay for said service however if they have a complaint or query regarding the charge they should put a complaint in writing to the owner and they will be in touch to resolve the matter. If they still refuse they should be informed that the police will be called.

what a horrible situation to be put in! im mobile so would i be best to leave and contact the police if that were to happen?x

Or take payment before service is carried out. Problem solved :)

i always take payments last in case they do not like the finished result i feel i would seem rude to demand money first before a treatment xxx

If they're that arrogant ask them to sit down whilst you redo them for them. Take them all off then tell them to leave. :D
Probably not the most professional approach but it's what i'd do if they didn't have a genuine reason. Let's be honest, who goes to a salon without the intention of paying!? Can't believe the cheek of some people :)

i always take payments last in case they do not like the finished result i feel i would seem rude to demand money first before a treatment xxx

So if someone says to you they don't like it you won't charge them?
You will have to charge them something. You get lots of chances in life that would take advantage and have you back several times and say they don't like it.

Taking money up front handled correctly isn't demanding. If you don't you open up yourself to the 'i don't have money on me' crowd or the 'ill pay you Friday' crowd.

There's been a couple of threads on this recently. You never get that money in most cases.

Most salons will not take payment upfront as you can not upsell or add sales as easy, it is easier to add it onto the bill than pay twice

I think I would be insulted if I was asked for payment upfront for a beauty service just because it is not the norm :) just my opinion though

I've been to many places and had my money taken first! I tend to do it for nails and anything relaxing (as I like to leave my client chilling after a massage and they can slope away while I'm with my next client)

I don't think it has a huge effect in after sales, I'm more willing to buy stuff if I feel its less (rather than one big bill ) lol but I'm a sucker for buying stuff ha ha!! I've never had anyone be surprised or even questioned it x

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

I take mine on the back end. Because of the up sell opportunities, retail and tips.

I only had it happen to me once and the guy was *SPECIAL*

Had a ticket almost double today, would have been lost had I charged ahead.

Latest posts

Back