Customising nail forms??????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmajt

Shopaholic Geek
Reaction score
I know this is probably going to sound like a really daft question, but how do you know what shape to cut (the middle bit) of the nail form for different free edge types???

I guess what i'm basically asking is, does the shape of the hole in the middle of the nail form correspond to the shape of the nail? ie, almond shape nail = almond shaped hole in nail form???

I bet that makes no sense at all eh!!

But if anyone could give me any tips on customising nail form, i'd be eternally gratefull.

Makes perfect sense em.

The inner curve of the form (the hole inside) needs to match the natural smile line. So if they have deep natural smile, then you will need to deepen the smile of the form. and if they have flat smile lines you might need to square the form off.

Hope that helps.

You go by the shape of the smileline/hyponychium, I have a rather straight smileline so I have to shape the form in a relatively(sp) straight line. .........does that make sense?

There I go typing way to slow again! lol

Thanks guys that's great, just couldn't figure it out - grey matter not what it used to be.

That makes it a lot clearer now.

Latest posts

Back