Cuticle removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickey26

Mobile masseuse and nail technician
Reaction score
I have terrible trouble with lifting nails. I do all my prep and use cuticle remover to do the cuticles. I've been watching videos all day today to see where I'm going wrong and some of them say not to use cuticle remover as it can cause lifting. I was always taught not to push cuticles back dry. I always dehydrate the nail after using the remover could this be a problem and can you do the cuticle work with no product??

I have terrible trouble with lifting nails. I do all my prep and use cuticle remover to do the cuticles. I've been watching videos all day today to see where I'm going wrong and some of them say not to use cuticle remover as it can cause lifting. I was always taught not to push cuticles back dry. I always dehydrate the nail after using the remover could this be a problem and can you do the cuticle work with no product??
I've only been taught to do dry cuticle work for gel nails, gel extensions and formed gel extensions.

I've only been taught to do dry cuticle work for gel nails, gel extensions and formed gel extensions.
What about with acrylics?

I only use a cuticle remover if I need to. Depends on the client.

If you do use one just make sure it's completely removed from the nail plate before applying your acrylic, gel etc. x

I always use remover. Some cuticle removers require a soap and water spray and wipe to deactivate.

What cuticle remover are you using? If CND Cuticle away you need to deactivate with water/& soap then dehydrate the nail

Latest posts

Back