Cuticle remover before gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corinnee

Reaction score
Hi I have always done dry cuticle prep before applying Gellux Polish and never had an issue with prep work, however I have just started doing Hard Gel Extensions again, and remember from training (although that was 6 years ago!) I used a Cuticle remover before hand....Does anyone do this as part of their prep or do you find dry cuticle work enough? I am getting some lifting at the cuticle end, and not sure if it is this or my gel application.
Thanks

I find cuticle remover helps massively I've always been taught to use it! Just ensure you deactivate with water or ensure you cleanse the nail plate thoroughly before applying any gel! If product is lifting at the cuticle area it may be due to some cuticle being left on the nail plate!

I find cuticle remover helps massively I've always been taught to use it! Just ensure you deactivate with water or ensure you cleanse the nail plate thoroughly before applying any gel! If product is lifting at the cuticle area it may be due to some cuticle being left on the nail plate!
Thank you, which do you use? X

CNDs Cuticle Away is my favourite x

Latest posts

Back