cutting angles,layers help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachy86

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am due to qualify in latest September in NVQ level 2 hair and am competent,confident and happy with colouring,peming,blowdrying etc the only thing I find holding me back is cutting!! Any advice?Basic one length-fine and base lines fine.But when coming to do layingering and which way to hold out the hair and the cutting angle my mind goes to mush.
Any advice or ideas??Even tutorials etc?I watch alot in my salon but we are very very busy and we a re a stylist short so I am covering alot of her work(except cutting!)So havnt got time to really watch and my college...well.... they are still teaching us things I have been assessed on months ago(I am quiet ahead of the girls this is why!)
Thanks in advance guys :)
Rachel xx

Hi guys,
I am due to qualify in latest September in NVQ level 2 hair and am competent,confident and happy with colouring,peming,blowdrying etc the only thing I find holding me back is cutting!! Any advice?Basic one length-fine and base lines fine.But when coming to do layingering and which way to hold out the hair and the cutting angle my mind goes to mush.
Any advice or ideas??Even tutorials etc?I watch alot in my salon but we are very very busy and we a re a stylist short so I am covering alot of her work(except cutting!)So havnt got time to really watch and my college...well.... they are still teaching us things I have been assessed on months ago(I am quiet ahead of the girls this is why!)
Thanks in advance guys :)
Rachel xx

Hi rachy, there are some wella cutting videos on you tube that you could take a look out
here is a couple of links below :) hth minky

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...iKWXDg&usg=AFQjCNFT6qm2oIlU4-uiLQgXPaNIrsRyhA

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...iKWXDg&usg=AFQjCNGntHPSICrqKxoekh72deYs5l-coQ

hi ya....
i know what u mean, i didn't get layering and graduation till i was in my second year, then finally it just clicked and with ,more experience and fussy customers expecting the world from ya i just got better n better and im 31 now and still learning which is the thing i love most about hairdressing there's always new techniques and products to experiment with, there's tons of stuff out there on the net to look at, im subscribed to myhairdressers.com which has over 100 video tutorials on it cutting colouring perming etc.. they will let u watch steps 1 and 2 for free but you`ll have to pay to watch more but nether the less its worth a watch....

also my next tip is to ask your family n friends to see if you can have a look at their hair comb it up on different angles till your fingers reach the ends hold it there and see the type of angle your fingers are at let go and see the shape that its produced, do this on different hair cuts and see if something clicks for you, but you really have to get some experience and learn from your mistakes its the only way really to learn i think..

good luck x

Latest posts

Back