Cutting course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellechopchop

Reaction score
Sorry I'm sure there are a lot of these posts... But the search facility doesn't seem to work for me?

I am looking for recommended cutting courses to send myself on... I am level 2 qualified and I totally lack confidence in cutting, especially shorter styles. I desperately want to be a good hairdresser and not let this hold me back

I have seen there are some at Sally's for around the £150 a day mark, a girl I work with went on the Vidal sassoon week course which was about £1100 if I remember correctly, I do have savings so am open to any courses within these prices but don't want to waste my money on the wrong one

Can anyone recommend a course that will help me with some more advanced cutting without totally blowing me out of the water?

Thanks so much!

You could join MyHairdressers.com and watch the videos, then practice the cuts. The videos are all very high quality, and I've learned from them.

I'm in the exact position as you but I'm trying to get a job in a salon. I'm going to do the abc cutting course ( basically a refresher course) at Vidal Sassoon too. I've been recommended by a few people to go with sassoon.
It costs £995 for 5 days from 10am till 5.30.
Saks and Toni & guy do refresher courses too but I have had no feedback on what they are like.
Wella do a 1 day and I think 3 day cutting course, the 3 day course is & £295 (I'm think that's right).
Do you think you will need to do a 5 day course or less?

I did a 5 day Saks cutting course a couple of years ago and I can highly recommend it! It have me stacks of confidence in cutting especially bobs,

I have done colouring courses with the wella academy and they offer great service!

Good luck :)

Please tell me more!! What was your typical day like ie morning- working on training heads then clients etc et. How many people per class/session? How many tutors to a class? How long did you spend on cutting each day?
Sorry to ask so many questions but i havent come across anyone that has done the saks course.

It's ok, all work was done on dummy heads (they supplied all them) there was 6ish people in the group and 1 tutor, it completely changed the way I cut hair from the way I stood to how I held my comb. It gave me much more confidence :)

Thank you so much everyone!

How much was the Saks course do you remember? And was it London?

Littlemizzie, I'm the same as you Hun, I do work in a salon but as an assistant not as a stylist! I do some hair from home but cutting is 100% holding me back from making a career for myself and as times gone on my confidence has gone more and more, I've been qualified 3 years and If I don't do it now I'm worried I'll just duck out of it :(

I have found a day course with capital for just over £100 inc vat so might do that one in july then if I still lack confidence move onto either the Saks or VS one

I'm just worried about spending £1000 plus accommodation and being way out of my depth

You sound like me with your cutting, it feels as though something has never clicked and I'm waiting for it all to fall in place.
I do think a 5 day course would be better than 1 day because you will be training doing intensely for 5 days within a small group surely it would build your confidence than doing it for a day for a few hours, I know it's a lot of money to pay out but it's worth paying it if it helps conquer your nerves on cutting.
When are you looking at doing it?
With you saying 'you'll be out of your depth' you will have tutors there to support you, they will know what level you are at by seeing how you cut and they will guide you in the right direction.
I'm hoping to do the course in July, if I do I will let you know all the ins and outs.
Keep me updated on what your going to do as I would love to know.

Latest posts

Back