Dark roots help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJC

Reaction score
I have a client who has very long hair and three months ago said she would like her hair grey. She is a level 8 naturally so I did baby slices all over her hair and toned with Kenra Sv, wow she loved it. Three months later she has natural roots of of the natural level 8 she now wants dark roots to compliment her grey toner almost like an ombré look but she doesn’t want a brown ie flat level 6 or 5 she wants a steel colour. I have researched this and the only way this can be done is to bleach the roots and to deposit a demi colour eg Metallic silver. I really don’t want to go down the route of bleaching to the roots as she has ceriasis and it’s not good for long hair. Does any one know of a colour I could apply to her roots that would give a dark steel look without pre bleaching, I am a Wella girl but I can use any company really

Look at Colour touch 8/81 or 7/89, or maybe something in illumina. You dont need to use bleach if she is an 8 x

8/81 or 7/89 still arnt dark enough for a steal root I use that on the ends when I’m doing a grey try illumina 5/81 and 7/81 go to the base of a six and has blue ash in it so will be a really nice colour

Thank you everyone, also can you put a darker Demi colour over a lighter permanent colour ?

8/81 or 7/89 still arnt dark enough for a steal root I use that on the ends when I’m doing a grey try illumina 5/81 and 7/81 go to the base of a six and has blue ash in it so will be a really nice colour
Thanks for the tip shall I use permanent or mix with pastal she does have permanent colour on her roots at the moment though so need to consider that.

Thanks for the tip shall I use permanent or mix with pastal she does have permanent colour on her roots at the moment though so need to consider that.

Messaged you

Latest posts

Back