Darkening tan with DHA drops?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gattia

Reaction score
Hi Im using Tantrick solutions and used a 14% tan on a client (Max 100ml + 4 drops). My client has said that the tan isn't dark enough and would like much darker next time. My question is, will a 14% solution mixed up myself using drops be as dark as the 14% Tandare solution and is it possible to get a very very brown tan using Tantrick. I personally love the colour I went when my husband sprayed me with the same left over 14% solution but I understand that some clients want that very brown tan. Would anyone recommend taking the max up to 18% or would it be bettter to buy Tandare 14 and add drops to make it darker? Any advice appreciated.:confused: x

Hi Im using Tantrick solutions and used a 14% tan on a client (Max 100ml + 4 drops). My client has said that the tan isn't dark enough and would like much darker next time. My question is, will a 14% solution mixed up myself using drops be as dark as the 14% Tandare solution and is it possible to get a very very brown tan using Tantrick. I personally love the colour I went when my husband sprayed me with the same left over 14% solution but I understand that some clients want that very brown tan. Would anyone recommend taking the max up to 18% or would it be bettter to buy Tandare 14 and add drops to make it darker? Any advice appreciated.:confused: x

Hi Mandy

Yu could either buy the Tandare 14% and take it up a bit higher to suit your client or buy the Tandare 18% and try her with that!:hug:

Ooo! did not know there was Tandare in 18% :suprised:. Is it on the website? I was doing an order last night and didn't notice it. Thanks Julie x

Ooo! did not know there was Tandare in 18% :suprised:. Is it on the website? I was doing an order last night and didn't notice it. Thanks Julie x

The Tandare is 10% and 14%.
If your customer can take it it would be better to go for the 14% and then add additional drops from that base point.

We all have different DHA overload points so its really just a case of trial and error.
Just be careful going to high relative to the skins ability to cope as fade off could be a problem
HTH :hug:

The fade off does worry me when tanning so dark but where as I prefer it to look more natural and last longer I know a couple of my clients just want a very dark tan for a night out and probably aren't to worried about the fade off. I will point this out to them before I spray them so they can make the choice if they still want that dark tan. Im ordering in the tan extender but would this just be more overload of DHA for those clients with a 14% plus tan? One client is coming thurs eve and I need to get it dark enough in one application as I'm off to sunny Scotland straight after so won,t be around to re spray if she wants it darker :hug:

The fade off does worry me when tanning so dark but where as I prefer it to look more natural and last longer I know a couple of my clients just want a very dark tan for a night out and probably aren't to worried about the fade off. I will point this out to them before I spray them so they can make the choice if they still want that dark tan. Im ordering in the tan extender but would this just be more overload of DHA for those clients with a 14% plus tan? One client is coming thurs eve and I need to get it dark enough in one application as I'm off to sunny Scotland straight after so won,t be around to re spray if she wants it darker :hug:

You really do need to take each and every customer and treat them differently.

Increase DHA concentrates ,if asked to do so over and above a recommendation you make,but do it in increments...explain to the customer why you are doing it this way.

On the tan extender there is a 6% DHA infusion in the moisturiser which is quiet high.....if you have sprayed a customer with a higher concentrate you will quickly be able to asses if there is a DHA over load situation..if so best not to add tan extender until at least the tan has started to fade...will assist greatly in reducing break up of the fading tan

HTH :hug:

Thanks for the advice. I've placed an order today for original 12% and Tandare 14% and if it comes in time will do the 14% and recommend the tan extender and may be even the party shimmer gel for her to use on her birthday night out. If this client wants darker next time then I will take it up a couple of % as suggested.:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back