Dashing Diva LED Lightpod

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Dear All - I just want to clear up what appears to be some confusion.

Sweet Squared will indeed be carrying this adorable Lightpod. Linda Nordstrom Co-Founder of Famous Names - creators of IBX uses this as her LED source with IBX but ANY LED Lamp will work. The CND UV Lamp also works as I have been told this was used during much of the testing (I am sure Linda will respond if I get something wrong).

Louella Belle who are the distributors for IBX in the UK will (I imagine) use their existing Artistic LED Lamp with IBX because - IT WORKS! For those of you who want to have something small and portable, the DD Lightpod also works. [Please note that it does NOT cure CND Shellac (we have tested and tested because we do things like that :D) ) but it does cure DD products (makes sense) IBX (Linda with extensive testing) and other LED cured products.]

Please feel free to post if you have any more questions. Hope this helps solve some questions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear All - I just want to clear up what appears to be some confusion.

Sweet Squared will indeed be carrying this adorable Lightpod. Linda Nordstrom Co-Founder of Famous Names - creators of IBX uses this as her LED source with IBX but ANY LED Lamp will work. The CND UV Lamp also works as I have been told this was used during much of the testing (I am sure Linda will respond if I get something wrong).

Louella Belle who are the distributors for IBX in the UK will (I imagine) use their existing Artistic LED Lamp with IBX because - IT WORKS! For those of you who want to have something small and portable, the DD Lightpod also works. [Please note that it does NOT cure CND Shellac (we have tested and tested because we do things like that :D) ) but it does cure DD products (makes sense) IBX (Linda with extensive testing) and other LED cured products.]

Please feel free to post if you have any more questions. Hope this helps solve some questions!

Thank you Samantha for clearing this up for everyone!!! Now, there are options for an LED lamp for the future!!!! You are correct that the CND lamp can be used, it is just that you have to increase the cure time to 2 minutes!!! Remember, the old saying, time is money!!!

I myself use the New DD light as it is so compact for my table and at shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for confirming this Sam. Very helpful to know in time for introducing IBX treatments.... an affordable compact LED would be very helpful in reducing the timings.

Obviously you can not post trade prices here, but is this something we could email Sweet Squared for?

I also wonder if you/linda could confirm does the IBX need a 30s or 45s cure in the DD lamp? I've seen both times quoted....

Finally, am I missing something.... why do DD have an LED lamp + why are S2 stocking it?? I'm not aware DD make any products that require curing and it's certainly not for shellac!

I think the DD lamp may be for their Gelife product.

Karaxxx

Yep the cute DD light pod is for curing DD Gelife x

Have to say I was a bit confused to see Gelife in the S2 catalogue, I didn't think it would be something they'd sell because of Shellac. What can it offer to Shellac users? Or is it a completely different product/market?

Karaxxx

You use the led light pod for DD Gelife appliqués xx

Oh okay so it's not a gel polish, I read the description but didn't understand what it was. The way it's displayed made me think it was a polish especially with the top & base coat.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Karaxxx

I think the DD lamp may be for their Gelife product.

Karaxxx

Hey Twid - yes it's for the Gelife product which is simply a top and base to keep the Design FX and DD Wraps on for longer - also for the new Get the Look products we will show at Excel. Nothing like CND Shellac at all - just an LED / UV cured top and base!

as to DD LightPod prices - email me - [email protected] :Kissing:

Am I right in thinking then you can also use this lamp to cure such products as gelish? Love the lamp as its so small & compact :)

Am I right in thinking then you can also use this lamp to cure such products as gelish? Love the lamp as its so small & compact :)

according to Dashing Diva - yes!!!

Is there any training offered for dashing diva, if so where can I find it? Many Thanks x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back