Day spa - start up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkfairy

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I've been having one of those annoying lightbulb evenings where my mind is working ten to the dozen and I'm contemplating the logistics of opening a day spa.
I'm a beauty therapist, I've only worked in salons, never a spa. I don't mind if I have to endure the hard task of visiting lots of spa's in the name of research though 😉

I have found the perfect property, but need to look into rental costs.
So basically I'm wondering if any of you lovely geeks own day spas and could give me any idea of start up costs, or equipment costs, etc. Any advice or experiences would be appreciated 😃

I know that every area is different but even rough guides of things like thermal suites, etc. would be really helpful

Thanks in advance x

Just commenting to mark as I'd be interested to hear from others too! Xx

Does no one on here own a day spa? 😔

I admire your bravery in setting up a new business just now.
There are many, many salons and spas going out of business every week all over the country.
Good luck!

I admire your bravery in setting up a new business just now.
There are many, many salons and spas going out of business every week all over the country.
Good luck!

Hi Lynne, I'm not sure how viable it is but I'm full of ideas- I partly blame yourself and the other successful geeks on here who I aspire to be like 😃

I spend all of my free time working on my business and I suppose really a day spa would be in my 3 or even 5 year plan, I guess it's good to have ambitions lol.

I just know that the premises, which have been empty for a long time, would be perfect.

You don't happen to know tomorrow nights Euromillion numbers do you? 😉

The name day spa has become a bit wishy washy to me I would expect a spa to have a sauna, steam do lots of body treatments have at least a plunge pool and whirlpool but I see nowadays some places call themselves day spas just because they have a few fancy showers.Give us more information about what you intend to have.

The name day spa has become a bit wishy washy to me I would expect a spa to have a sauna, steam do lots of body treatments have at least a plunge pool and whirlpool but I see nowadays some places call themselves day spas just because they have a few fancy showers.Give us more information about what you intend to have.
Hi Gillian, I agree, there are several 'spas' that I know of that are basically your average salon with a couple of toning machines and treatments performed on clients wearing dressing gowns lol.
The premises don't have space for a pool or accommodation, but I would hope to have luxurious settings, high end products, body treatments, a gym area, thermal suite, couples treatment areas, steam room...
Obviously I know I would need to do proper research and planning but this is just an idea that's in my head and I'm trying to sound out how many obstacles are in my way, that I can overcome.
I do love a challenge lol x

Latest posts

Back