Dealing with difficult clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanyaMackie

Reaction score
How do you all deal with difficult clients? Am interested to see everyone’s take on this. Do you cut them from your books, keep plodding along, as at the end of the day it’s income? Sometimes I feel like clients try to take advantage and forget we have done years of training to learn our trade as well as investing thousands in to ourselves and our business. Especially with the growing popularity of one day manicure courses etc...

Thoughts?

Clients are NOT always right .
I am very respect all my clients and trying make them happy but if they dont respect what you do, we are all human being. Taking advantage? Depend on what they did or what they want we can treat them as a queen or a princess but they gve you queen or princess attitude , just say nicely this salon isn't for you. But remember we all do deal with difficult clients. Think very carefully saying words

I’ll happily sack a client - after working for bosses who see these people as income I now work for myself so get to choose. They don’t bring anything to me that’s positive and getting rid of them will make you feel better.

I had a sack a client before Xmas as she was getting me down and I couldn’t afford to keep tweaking her hair. It suddenly made sense why no other hairdressers got it right.

I’ve grown my business on positive clients who are happy to pay for my services.

If a client isn’t on the same page as me I don’t even do their hair it’s that simple.

I’ll happily sack a client - after working for bosses who see these people as income I now work for myself so get to choose. They don’t bring anything to me that’s positive and getting rid of them will make you feel better.

I had a sack a client before Xmas as she was getting me down and I couldn’t afford to keep tweaking her hair. It suddenly made sense why no other hairdressers got it right.

I’ve grown my business on positive clients who are happy to pay for my services.

If a client isn’t on the same page as me I don’t even do their hair it’s that simple.

How do you politely sack a client? Do they usually take it well

How do you politely sack a client? Do they usually take it well

Sorry it’s not been working out for you, whatever you decide to do with your hair I hope you can find a hairdresser who makes you happy -

This was after she was always unhappy, she was unhappy with herself in life, never going to be happy with her hair

Sorry it’s not been working out for you, whatever you decide to do with your hair I hope you can find a hairdresser who makes you happy -

This was after she was always unhappy, she was unhappy with herself in life, never going to be happy with her hair

Thanks so much. Polite and to the point I like it xx

Yeah just basically refer her somewhere else!! Maybe to someone you don't like ? ;) no I'm joking..

But simply tell them that you're not able to give them what they want, so maybe they should try somewhere else. You only want people who love your work and at the end of the day if your clients get you down then you're gonna be in trouble- if you don't love your passion you'll just get stressed and that's not what we're about!

I had the thought of telling the client you were fully booked for the next few weeks and would contact then when you were able to take on new bookings. A couple of therapists I have spoken to said it’s worked well for them xx

Yeah just basically refer her somewhere else!! Maybe to someone you don't like ? ;) no I'm joking..

But simply tell them that you're not able to give them what they want, so maybe they should try somewhere else. You only want people who love your work and at the end of the day if your clients get you down then you're gonna be in trouble- if you don't love your passion you'll just get stressed and that's not what we're about!

Haha wouldn’t it be great to be able to do that lol!! It’s so true, so disheartening when you love what you do but difficult clients get you down

Latest posts

Back