Decanting Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SistaBliss

Reaction score
Hi all hope you can help.

I'm about to order my Shellac cream puff and have got a couple of angled brushes to do my french with. There was a video on here posted about a year ago by deanosnana (video by Amethyste) not sure if you remember it but she had decanted her white into a porcelain dish with a lid. Has anyone else done this and used it sucessfully? Obviously you have to shake Shellac before you use it and I'm a bit worried about wasting my cream puff by decanting it if it really isn't a good idea hence why I'm asking if anyone on here has tried it yet.

Thank you.

Hi terrilouise, what I now do is shake my Creampuff and put a few drops on the back of a plastic backed pad, then dip my angled brush into that. It seems to work much better. Also, no chance of your Shellac getting too thick from being in a pot.

HTH! :)

If you don't have plastic backed pads you can also put some onto foil it works just as well. HTH

Great advice ladies thank you so much for your help! :hug:

I keep a square of ceramic tile (used in baths/flooring). It allows for blending and cleans up nicely.

Were is the best place to get ur angled brushes from?

Were is the best place to get ur angled brushes from?

I got mine at a craft store. It's a 1/4", angled shader made with synthetic hairs. HTH! :)

Hi all hope you can help.

I'm about to order my Shellac cream puff and have got a couple of angled brushes to do my french with. There was a video on here posted about a year ago by deanosnana (video by Amethyste) not sure if you remember it but she had decanted her white into a porcelain dish with a lid. Has anyone else done this and used it sucessfully? Obviously you have to shake Shellac before you use it and I'm a bit worried about wasting my cream puff by decanting it if it really isn't a good idea hence why I'm asking if anyone on here has tried it yet.

Thank you.

I get my Cream Puff from the brush of the bottle with my angled brush, usually just wipe it down the stick between the lid and the brush and keep the lid on the bottle, :rolleyes: this sounds totally naf - do you get my drift? lol x :D

I keep a square of ceramic tile (used in baths/flooring). It allows for blending and cleans up nicely.

Thank you what a fab idea, i'd never have thought of that one!

I get my Cream Puff from the brush of the bottle with my angled brush, usually just wipe it down the stick between the lid and the brush and keep the lid on the bottle, :rolleyes: this sounds totally naf - do you get my drift? lol x :D

Yes I do get your drift lol! I've got myself and angled brush too so I will be giving this ago, thanks :hug:

Latest posts

Back