December offers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasmine Dean

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I am a mobile beauty therapist and I was wondering what everyone's December offers are?

Why are you even considering December offers,? It's one of the busiest times of the Year.
If you haven't been in the industry long, fair enough, but you really don't want to be losing out on that Extra cash

Edit - OK, reading through your past posts it's clear you're very new to the industry, please don't Start off on the "Constant offers" train....it will only de value what you do,

I see everyday people starting out throwing offers out every day, for months, losing money then selling all their kit on Facebook. - Don't be one of those people

Last edited:
We do a special offer every month. We vary it so one month it may be a reduction on a £65 facial and the next a spray tan - every month except December. Earnings in December can really help you get through the lull in the new year.

Good luck x

Christmas is the time for people to spend money not save it! Take full advantage of this month! [emoji4]

Their 'special' for December is actually getting an appointment with me for Christmas, book early to avoid disappointment ;). I work like a dog to make them all look fabulous for their festive fun, I'm not under selling myself by discounting too. I might throw in the odd nail art freebie to my favourites ;)

For December I have some retail stuff I haven't sold that I bundled and packaged nicely for Christmas. Those will be discounted but my services won't be. And I've found that some clients that never wanted to spend the money on say some aftercare for spray tanning are now buying the packages.

Hi Everyone

I am a mobile beauty therapist and I was wondering what everyone's December offers are?

Good December offers are usually package deals and pre-pay for January treatments after the 1st at heavily discounted prices as January can be a slow month.

Good December offers are usually package deals and pre-pay for January treatments after the 1st at heavily discounted prices as January can be a slow month.
If it's a slow month, why heavily discount?

If it's a slow month, why heavily discount?

Normally at Christmas time people can be quite jovial and be excessive spenders so in December time/Christmas period you offer less offers some even put up prices using package deals. When January 1st time hits people look at the bills and are less likely to spend anything so you pre-pay for January at Christmas at what seem heavily discounted prices because psychologically it seems a good deal at the time compared to other services and products it is like the .99 trick in marketing.
Another reason why you discount is to give incentive to buy as I would not buy a gift voucher that is only valid for 1 month with no active incentive in comparison to a normal gift voucher that may never expire, lasts longer e,t.c
Due to limited hours, staff and space within a salon at Christmas a busy month can be overshadowed if few clients come at January. So you discount or add value to a treatment, or even both.
I tend to discount and notify advertisement for this deal will stop by Christmas day to ensure a few buys - of excitements and as the people who tend to pre-pay are usually doing it as a present for a friend so the friend does not know the true value of the gift so will value the experience at the same rate.
When I do special deals in the window /boards I add value as do not want a repeat customer who stays as I am cheap.

Normally at Christmas time people can be quite jovial and be excessive spenders so in December time/Christmas period you offer less offers some even put up prices using package deals. When January 1st time hits people look at the bills and are less likely to spend anything so you pre-pay for January at Christmas at what seem heavily discounted prices because psychologically it seems a good deal at the time compared to other services and products it is like the .99 trick in marketing.
Another reason why you discount is to give incentive to buy as I would not buy a gift voucher that is only valid for 1 month with no active incentive in comparison to a normal gift voucher that may never expire, lasts longer e,t.c
Due to limited hours, staff and space within a salon at Christmas a busy month can be overshadowed if few clients come at January. So you discount or add value to a treatment, or even both.
I tend to discount and notify advertisement for this deal will stop by Christmas day to ensure a few buys - of excitements and as the people who tend to pre-pay are usually doing it as a present for a friend so the friend does not know the true value of the gift so will value the experience at the same rate.
When I do special deals in the window /boards I add value as do not want a repeat customer who stays as I am cheap.
So is it just a trick or do you actually heavily discount? In the hair side of things people still need their hair cut or coloured so I wouldn't discount at all not even as an incentive to pre book for January

I don't tend to do many offers any more.But you could give them a Discount voucher for January as that can be quite sometimes.I use to do that.worked well X

So is it just a trick or do you actually heavily discount? In the hair side of things people still need their hair cut or coloured so I wouldn't discount at all not even as an incentive to pre book for January

it is not a 'trick' as such more a psychological marketing tactic.

I don't tend to do many offers any more.But you could give them a Discount voucher for January as that can be quite sometimes.I use to do that.worked well X
I give my loyal ones a £5 voucher to use in January, they keep coming back so I can't be doing too bad by not discounting!

it is not a 'trick' as such more a psychological marketing tactic.
Can u give me an example? Just so I can understand the principle better, like Mrs a buys £40 voucher etc

'When I do special deals in the window /boards I add value as do not want a repeat customer who stays as I am cheap.'

You lie about the original price so people walk past your window and think it's a bargain?!

'When I do special deals in the window /boards I add value as do not want a repeat customer who stays as I am cheap.'

You lie about the original price so people walk past your window and think it's a bargain?!

no add value means add a service so a full body massage maybe £40 then you say on specials add a scalp massage so maybe extra 15 minutes to an original service it is more common in waxing and eyelash treatments so a client has added value in a treatment and you get the the added value of having a client having additional treatments thus they may rebook.

you are not decreasing prices merely adding a service or item such as a goodie bag to actively encourage a client to try new things as it is far easier to get and retain a loyal customer than get new customers.

Can u give me an example? Just so I can understand the principle better, like Mrs a buys £40 voucher etc

I have tried to explain it and I am sorry if I cannot really give an example further than what I have written, the main aim though of getting someone to pre-pay with conditions such as limited time span with an incentive is more due to getting a person through the door at a time they may not be spending anything and at that point it is easier to up sell, re book, especially if it is a gift season.

It is common in beauty I think as treatments can vary drastically in break even points so discount vouchers can end up with you losing money but pre-paying is very controlled, with some vouchers just like gift vouchers not being used at all so you keep the money.

EDIT: Look up psychological pricing in marketing and adding value

Last edited:

I don't understand either?

You heavily discount or not?

So it's like offering a free eyebrow wax with full price Shellac nails?

In terms of the vouchers I could be way off here but I *think* instead of having a monetary value a voucher states a service to be claimed in January.

So Mrs X buys a facial voucher that would ordinarily cost £100 but instead due to the pre pay promotion costs £90 & has to be used in January. So she gifts the voucher which merely says “luxury facial treatment to be redeemed in January” to a recipient who thinks Mrs X has paid 100 when in fact she has paid 90? Then you get a new client walking in with the voucher during your quiet month and hope to either upsell or at least retain them due to the great experience. Plus the money goes through the till in January so you still get a decent treatment price?

I am totally guessing.

Latest posts

Back