Decleor vs Dermalogica

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. It is a fantastic product with great results and very luxurious the only down side for me is that it is an expensive product and not everyone can afford to use it although you do get what you pay for.

As a fellow Decleor account holder I agree it is a fantastic product that gives great results - my clients are hooked on it!

The prices are similar to other professional brands, including Dermalogica, and in some cases a little less, but I found the best way to retail is to put the price in terms of monthly cost. That is, if a moisturiser costs £40 and lasts 4 to 6 months, then it's only about £7 a month! Of course most high street products don't go as far as this and so although they cost less per pot the client has to buy them more often. Generally professional skincare only works out pence more expensive a month but is obviously much better for the skin.

Thanks Guys. It seems I havent made my mind up at all! I have now been pretty much talked out of Dermalogica and as much as I would LOVE to have Decleor I have read that their opening order is 4.5k, can anyone verify this for me? I have been looking into Eve Taylor also, I'm aware this is mid range rather than high end which is what I had wanted to go with. Any thoughts on this? As I have minimal knowledge on this brand other than what I have researched. Are they in a completely different league? Are their products any good? I have alos started a new thread on this. Please advise.

Thankyou

Hi Suzanne,

Was flying out of Dublin Terminal 2 last Friday to London on a hen night, went into a pharmacy/shop/perfumerie called Glow (first shop in on the right) and low and behold the full dermalogica range on the shelf, this wasn't one of those Dermalogica Bars either it was just there beside all the other products. This is how it began in the UK too but now it's in department stores over there. Just want to let you know as they seem to tell people what they want to hear if you enquire about such things...

Sandy x

I looked for this shop and couldnt find it, also googled it and nothing came up. It is in the airport in terminal 2? I didnt see it anywhere? Im so confused :smack: Dublin airport has a beauty salon that is part of a pharmacy (its above the pharmacy but part of it), could this be what you saw? It wasnt called Glow though (cant remember the name) so Im still confused! I really hope its not true!

as much as I would LOVE to have Decleor I have read that their opening order is 4.5k, can anyone verify this for me? I
Thankyou

There is no magic opening order amount as far as I'm aware, it's more that you need the full range to offer the full professional treatment. The best thing is to contact them and ask, or better stillarrange for a rep to come and talk through it!

There is no magic opening order amount as far as I'm aware, it's more that you need the full range to offer the full professional treatment. The best thing is to contact them and ask, or better stillarrange for a rep to come and talk through it!

Ah Ok thanks Martin, have read the 4.5k in several places, hopefully they're mistaken ;) I am in the process of organising seeing a rep. I think I've read you've used Decleor, have you ever used Eve Taylor? Any thoughts? Comparisons? Disadvantages?

Thanks

I think the best thing you can do is a little more research! I suggest setting up a meeting with reps from both brand and see what they have to offer as far as opening orders, training and incentives etc go. Also i recommend you go and get yourself some treatments! Have facials and body body treatments from both brands and see what treatment and product you prefer.
Personally I'm not a fan of dermalogica but I love decleor and I think it's works better and deeper into the skin and the results are fab but everyone posting on here will have their own opinion on each so I would do the above and go from there with why you prefer. Clients will be the same and you wl never please everyone with the one brand so whichever one you choose there will always be someone who would of prefered the other!
The training from both brands are great and deff free for decleor and i know with dec you do get ongoing support and training.
As for set up costs most brands will assess your working environment ie how many rooms need to be stocked, retail area and then work out a set up cost depending on your personal situation so with decleor it might not be as much as you think. They take into consideration what treatments you will do and size of room and work something out. You don't have to :lol:meet specific criteria.
But as I said before to get the correct info on all of your questions contact both brands amd try products from each amdthay will help you come to a decision. Hope this helps and good luck!

Thanks so much for your response SweetyRex.

I do indeed need to go and have some treatments done, its just hard parting with your money when you're trying so hard to save but obviously its all in the name of research!

Have you had any experience with Eve Taylor?

:biggrin:

Your welcOme! No I haven't used eve Taylor but have heard good things about.
I know it's hard parting with money, especially at this time of year! why not ask for some gift vouchers for Xmas? Find out what salons do the brands you're thinking of and ask people to buy vouchers from these places.
X

Good shout there I think! Im just worried people expecting very high end skin care or those unfamiliar with Eve Taylor may turn thei noses up at my services?

i try Eye Taylor and put it this way, its not Dermalogica! lol i have such sensitive skin and Eye Taylor just didn't do it for me! so i got some bits for my mum and sister to use (my mum is dry skin and sister oily) and they didn't like it either!

Eye Taylor smells nice but i dont feel like its 'working' if that makes sense? i found it no better then a £4 tub of nivea soft! x

If you use a less a expensive brand some people might be put off bit on the flip side if you go for more expensive some people may not want to pay! Luke I said before you will neve please all your clients! Wish we could! A more well known brand will mean less promotion and less selling to clients as they will already be familiar. Dont give yourself too much choice or you will neve make up your mind!
When are you planning to open? Give yourself a goal, set up some meetings and have some treatments an aim to have your decision made by a certain date and stick to what you have decided.
Whatever you go with some people will say you should if done the opposite! Go with which brand you prefer (ask for samples fromreps to try) and whichever brand can offer you the best deal.
YOU make the decision! Don't let people put you off the brands you are thinking.
Once again lots if luck! X

Very true, if only I had the money to make a decision without thinking too much! Hopefully Whatever choice I make will be the right one for me. Thinking I might give a mid range brand a go then after 6 months see how business is going and possibly upgrade to something like Decleor, does that sound sensible? Im planning to open in mid feb so 6 months from then will be mid summer when most of my client base will be arriving in a very upmarket seaside town so Ill need to be pulling those guys in too. Thanks for all the advice.:lol:

Latest posts

Back