Declined card reader, anyone know of this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geminikelli

Reaction score
Hi all

I've been declined a card reader because we offer Botox and teeth whitening we bank with lloyds.

We infact do not offer these but I rent out the salon to companies who do this but have no access to my till or banking facilities are there own companies etc they purely rent space from me.

But lloyds won't accept this.

Has anyone come across this before x

That's strange,I read posts about CCS on here so after ringing so many different places about card terminals machines i rang them yesterday and they offered me very good rates I will be ringing up next week to accept it. Xxx

They assess businesses on risk, its madness. I know someone (diff industry) who had to wait 12 months from taking payment to crediting his account.

have you tried streamline?

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

I'm with Barclays and asked about this, the sales rep said to me as long as the Botox dr is taking his/her own payments then it is fine for me to have one.

Have you ring around other companies?

I use and am very happy to recommend CCS.

I use cardsave and have always had fantastic service from them. Also any time anyone has beaten them on price cardsave have matched it for me or done better

Lloyds have now said the underwriters will reconsider if I take it off my website!

Are Ccs and card save same ppl? X

I'm with cardsave first time for me too taking card payments no problems so far, infact they have been very helpful.

Lloyds have now said the underwriters will reconsider if I take it off my website!

Don't think so...

How ridiculous. You can't take that off of your website. The whole point of a website is to offer your services.

Personally I would look elsewhere. X

Latest posts

Back