Defeated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stimpyroo

Reaction score
Ok so I have been doing gelish for months just practicing on everyone and charging some for only products anyways I have one friend it just will not stay on and at first I thought its cause I put it to thick or got it on her skin but I have done it now at least 12 different times including last night where I added sculpting gel on the base...she came over today saying that 7 had peeled off I don't understand why I have done mine a million and its never peeled off and I have done a bunch of people and never had an issue... She does have the tiniest nails that are bitten down passed the skin...

Any tips???

Tell us each step then maybe someone can advise you :D x

Tell us each step then maybe someone can advise you :D x

Ok I'll tell you the way I did last

First prep completely including spending at least 5 secs on each nail with cleaner
Applied ph bond liquid
Applied a thin layer of gelish sculpture gel let cure
Applied a thin layer of foundation let cure
Applied a thin layer of color green holiday :) let cure
Applied another thin layer of color let cure
Applied top it off let cure

Went over each nail with cleanser and then cuticle oil

In between each step before curing I went over each finger with my orange stick to clean up and accidents which I still do have sometimes :(

Ok I'll tell you the way I did last

First prep completely including spending at least 5 secs on each nail with cleaner
Applied ph bond liquid
Applied a thin layer of gelish sculpture gel let cure
Applied a thin layer of foundation let cure
Applied a thin layer of color green holiday :) let cure
Applied another thin layer of color let cure
Applied top it off let cure

Went over each nail with cleanser and then cuticle oil

In between each step before curing I went over each finger with my orange stick to clean up and accidents which I still do have sometimes :(

I don't use Gelish so may not be best placed to answer this, but I was reading into Gelish structure gel the other day as I was intrigued and I'm sure I read foundation base goes on before the structure gel. Hopefully someone who uses it will be able to say if I'm wrong or right?

Foundation is always but on first than you can put structure gelish on top and than do your color :)

*put not but. Oopppps lol

Foundation is always but on first than you can put structure gelish on top and than do your color :)

Oh ok I wasn't sure but this was the first time I did it this way normally I don't use the structure gel

I should also add that whenever I do regular lacquer on her they only last a day or 2

I'm also wondering if there's a better way to do very short nails maybe using forms or something ???

Ok so I have been doing gelish for months just practicing on everyone and charging some for only products anyways I have one friend it just will not stay on and at first I thought its cause I put it to thick or got it on her skin but I have done it now at least 12 different times including last night where I added sculpting gel on the base...she came over today saying that 7 had peeled off I don't understand why I have done mine a million and its never peeled off and I have done a bunch of people and never had an issue... She does have the tiniest nails that are bitten down passed the skin...

Any tips???

I feel there's the problem right there:)
If she is a biter and or picker, then she will more than likely have those babies in her mouth before she's even in the car.
I would ask her to use cuticle oil 3 times a day, STOP biting her nails and putting them in or near her mouth and come back when she has grown some length. It doesn't have to be a huge amount of length but maybe a ml or half a ml would be helpful to both of you.

Some people are just not made for these kind of products and I would suggest she's one of them (at the moment at least) so don't beat yourself up, apart from this last application where you put the layers on in the wrong order, the same problem has happened each time and if it's not happening to others, then the common denominator is her and that she's causing this to happen, not you.

I have a couple clients it just won't stay on. Don't beat yourself up. Have her try to break the biting habit and try again. (i bite. It's a hard habit. She may not even realize she is picking. Sometimes I'll have a nail halfway off before I realize) and recently I realized that the reason my ring fingernail is always slanted bc I pick at it with my thumb while it rests on the gear shift while driving. Years I've done this.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

The only thing I can see which I do and you have not mentioned is buff the natural nail in prep and capping the free edge. As a post has said it's not for everyone x

I don't have any problems with lifting or peeling on any clients apart from one friend and nothing will stay on her nails!! I've tried shellac, polish, gel and they all peel off within 24 hours. I had to give up on her in the end and admit defeat :(

Thank you all a bunch :)

Latest posts

Back