Dehydrated nails after Shellac removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TracyS

Reaction score
Evening Geeks,

I am tomorrow joining the CND Shellac family (yay! and about time I hear some of you shout!), starter kit arriving tomorrow hopefully.

Anyhoo, today I removed a Shellac French applied by another salon, removal was, as expected, a dream (compared to my current product) but I did notice that the nails seemed very dehydrated and wondered from you Shellac-ers out there if this is normal?

The client openly admits that she does not use cuticle oil and I obviously don't have the Shellac remover wraps as yet so used an alternative so the reason could be a combination of the above but thought I would seek advice on the usual condition of nails after Shellac removal so I know what to expect.

And before anyone suggests the course, I'm on the phone in the morning booking one local to me!

Thanks guys

Hi Hun

Don't stress too much after all if you wash up without gloves that will dehydrate you nails as will normal varnish, shellac etc.

Solar oil or cuticle oil is not a luxury but a must.

What is more important is that when removing you don't scrape off the shellac but soak it enough that it literally falls off the nails.

Dehydration rights itself in about 24 hours on natural nails. Just get your clients to use cuticle oil and a decent hand cream xxxxx

Hi hun

Part of aftercare is clients applying solar oil at least twice a day when wearing shellac, 3-4 if clients suffer with particularly dry nails. I'm so bad i hardly ever oil (bad happyfeet) and ive been wearing shellac solidly for over a year and my nails are exactly the same condition as they've always been, however this is certainly not something i advocate to clients. As you know with all nail products temporary dehydration does occur with any nail coating or enhancement so use of cuticle oil is essential- solar oil penetrates shellac so keeps the nails nicely hydrated. Dsolve is great for shellac removal, there may be a bit of dehydration visible after removal but thats to be expected with an acetone product but its only on 10 minutes so not a great deal. When i reapply i solar oil and rehydrate the nail so no problem.

My clients are always happy that when i remove their nails they are in the same condition as when i started. One of my clients last week had one nail that was particularly dry but i have just told her to up her solar oil. We think some of it was caused by a medical condition she has at the moment.

Hope thats answered your question- ha ha im not sure now lol.

X x x

No buffing at all of the natural nail

Fast, Gentle and correct removal

Regular use of Solar Oil

Are the keys to normal healthy nails even after constant wearing of Shellac.

10 minute exposure to D-Solve will not dehydrate the skin or the nails when using Shellac. Nor will you need to use any kind of vitamine or some such type of product to make nails healthy again after using the Shellac system of products!! :lol:

Thank you all so much for your replies.

My goodies arrived today so I shall be shellac-ing the living daylights out of clients very soon!

Much appreciated
:D

Thank you all so much for your replies.

My goodies arrived today so I shall be shellac-ing the living daylights out of clients very soon!

Much appreciated
:D

Tracey you'll love it! You'll want to shellac anything that sits still long enough!! Enjoy lovey :) x x x

Latest posts

Back