Dents in smile line after freezing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Reaction score
I've had this happen a few times and I don't know why it happens, or what to do to stop it happening! When applying gel enhancements (using NSI products), I apply the smile line using paint on white gel. I then freeze each nail in the uv lamp for about 10 seconds. When I take the hand out, there's nearly always little 'dents' or holes which have occured in the white. Why does this happen? I then have to go back over the white and do another thin layer to cover it up.

Many thanks

i use nsi white gel, it needs quite a rough surface to stick to. i aways put it over the builder gel after refining it with a 180 grit (NOT a white block!! too smooth!)

also, make sure you stir the gel properly!

I use IBD gel but this has happened to my too... when you stir the gel sometimes you get little air bubbles trapped in the gel and when you cure it in the uv light they burst on the surface.. this could be what is happening to you..
Just a thought. I am sure some of the more experienced tech's will be able to offer a littel more
Mel

make sure you stir it gently, dont do it so fast that ur whisking it lol. you have to just kind of fold it, like when ur baking! lol. because the pigment will settle at the bottom otherwise.

i use nsi white gel, it needs quite a rough surface to stick to. i aways put it over the builder gel after refining it with a 180 grit (NOT a white block!! too smooth!)

also, make sure you stir the gel properly!

Goodness, I've never stirred it! Maybe that's where I'm going wrong?! Also, I was taught to do the lock in layer, then apply POW, then builder over the top of that to build the apex, then file into shape and then glaze and go. So do you make sure you've built up the apex first then, and then apply the white last?

i think youre probably putting it on too thickly!
try a thinner application

hth x

Goodness, I've never stirred it! Maybe that's where I'm going wrong?! Also, I was taught to do the lock in layer, then apply POW, then builder over the top of that to build the apex, then file into shape and then glaze and go. So do you make sure you've built up the apex first then, and then apply the white last?

no, for the clients initial application onto natural nail, i do 2 coats of builder, then cure, wipe and buff with my 180, then do the white in 2 coats (i dont freee cure them, i just do one or two fingers at a time and then do a couple on the other hand and so on). then i apply my build over that. so the white is kind of sandwiched.

then for infills you dont need to put that first layer of builder unless you are replacing one onto the nautral nail again.

that make sense? lol,

also, with the NSI paint on white, i have found if ou apply too thinly, at will shrink alot. so while you shouldnt apply it too thick, dont apply it too thin either lol. it should be thin enough that you can do 2 coats but thick enough to give coverage. IYKWIM!

no, for the clients initial application onto natural nail, i do 2 coats of builder, then cure, wipe and buff with my 180, then do the white in 2 coats (i dont freee cure them, i just do one or two fingers at a time and then do a couple on the other hand and so on). then i apply my build over that. so the white is kind of sandwiched.

then for infills you dont need to put that first layer of builder unless you are replacing one onto the nautral nail again.

that make sense? lol,

also, with the NSI paint on white, i have found if ou apply too thinly, at will shrink alot. so while you shouldnt apply it too thick, dont apply it too thin either lol. it should be thin enough that you can do 2 coats but thick enough to give coverage. IYKWIM!

Hi,

Sorry yo budge in on this thread but tjis is a subject I am having terrible trouble with pink and whites that is LOL!!

I use IBD gel and when I do pink and whites over tips I still find they look really thick so please can you help coz your way looks much easier:)

I apply tip then do I do a slip layer of pink? (soo not sure)

Next I apply white thin layer wrong or right?

Then I build apex with builder gel to form a shape etc (again is this right?)

Then I file etc but when I go to do the infls they are really thick and look awful sooo confused HELP please my application for pink and whites needs serious help

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help:hug:

Kate xx

are yu using wite builder or white ge polish?!
i could never get on with the IBD white gel polish!

when you use the gel poish you ae meant to use it on a dull surface. so i would try it as i described before. you need to make sure you are buffing them after your final build layer of gel aswell, to refine and perfect the shape!! then use ultra seal or intense seal for high shine.

try it and see how you get on.

Hi,

Sorry yo budge in on this thread but tjis is a subject I am having terrible trouble with pink and whites that is LOL!!

I use IBD gel and when I do pink and whites over tips I still find they look really thick so please can you help coz your way looks much easier:)

I apply tip then do I do a slip layer of pink? (soo not sure)

Next I apply white thin layer wrong or right?

Then I build apex with builder gel to form a shape etc (again is this right?)

Then I file etc but when I go to do the infls they are really thick and look awful sooo confused HELP please my application for pink and whites needs serious help

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help:hug:

Kate xx

Hello! Sounds exactly like a problem I had, turns out I was using too much gel. Just buff it down and reapply thinly. Better doing thiner layers, you get a more even white. Best of luck.

Latest posts

Back