Deposit for hair extension consultation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
Does anyone take a deposit for hair extension consultation? I've had some no shows so thinking of taking a £10 deposit which can Be given back on the consultation or deducted from there fitting?
Fed up of waiting around and the person dosnt even say they can't make it.

I take £100 deposit towards the cost of the hair, I know others that require a deposit that covers the entire cost of the hair extensions x

I take a deposit which is the cost of hair x

I take a deposit which is the cost of the hair and then the fitting charge is paid on day of fitting. Currently don't take a deposit for consultation although I have been thinking about introducing one time and time again because of so much time wasted over no shows x

I think she means for consultations. I don't charge for consultations but I am in a salon so I generally book consultations in between clients so it's no biggy if they don't show.

If I book someone in at a time where I have no one before or after I will always send confirmation 24-48 hours before asking them to reply. If they don't reply I don't go in x

I charge for a consultation £10 but take it off the price once they book. I found it stops the time wasters.

Thanks everyone yeah I meant for consultations :) as I work from home so find im staying in waiting for someone who's booked in for a consultation and then they cancel or don't turn up so when I have other things to do! Or could of booked someone else in.
Have introduced the £10 deposit don't see why it would be a problem, can only see it being a problem to someone who isn't 100% sure in the first place xx

Take the whole deposit (non-refundable) for the hair, this will avoid cancellations and stop people wasting your time xx

Thanks everyone yeah I meant for consultations :) as I work from home so find im staying in waiting for someone who's booked in for a consultation and then they cancel or don't turn up so when I have other things to do! Or could of booked someone else in.
Have introduced the £10 deposit don't see why it would be a problem, can only see it being a problem to someone who isn't 100% sure in the first place xx
I was thinking of doing this after having so many girls just not text, not reply, not turn up, it's so inconsiderate.

We always take deposits as serious clients will not mind paying.

I take the price of the hair as the deposit and they pay rest at fitting that way they're paying for all of it not me they always show up and I never have any problems what they pay at fitting is my profit :) xxx

Latest posts

Back