Dermal Roller

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it clarifies things thankyou for your help.Some sites can be a little misleading as I think the one in my link was,I really dont understand why I was told that about Emla coming in different strength.All rather odd.Ah well.You live and learn.

You're welcome, sometimes you get people (that nurse ahem) who are either misinformed or want to raise themselves in someway. Whatever it is you now know and not everything you read on a website is true. Still, no harm done (you can just smirk when your nurse now says something about emla!!):lol:

x

Hiyaa!

I am trained in Collagen Induction Therapy (skin needling) and i am a level 5 beauty therapist. I use and trained with Energists micro needle system, with 1.5mm needles.
You dont have to be a med to use under the 1.5mm but it is essential you get proper training as the technique can be quite daunting for client and therapist at first.
Personally i find Energists rollers the best after using others, they are sturdy, well packaged and good value and come in the range of needle sizes :)

Hope this helps, and good luck :Love:

Hiyaa!

I am trained in Collagen Induction Therapy (skin needling) and i am a level 5 beauty therapist. I use and trained with Energists micro needle system, with 1.5mm needles.
You dont have to be a med to use under the 1.5mm but it is essential you get proper training as the technique can be quite daunting for client and therapist at first.
Personally i find Energists rollers the best after using others, they are sturdy, well packaged and good value and come in the range of needle sizes :)

Hope this helps, and good luck :Love:

So is it an expensive treatment to take on?

Where is it possible to purchase the lmx4? I have derma roller training soon and just doing my research x

It's brought in by aestheticare, they won't sell to beauty therapists though, only medical professionals. You can buy topical anaesthetic from a pharmacy and LMX4 is not a POM so you'll be ok to get this as a P medicine.

x

thanks im sure i will be recommended something on the course but i like to do my homework lol, looking forward to the training.

I had dermal roller training today and also had it done to me, it was really good and very informative so now im off to spend my pennies and buy lots of bits, I think i will buy the lmx4 cream as you are a nurse and thats what you reccomend where is best to buy it from?

Church Pharmacy or Medfx. However you need to send all of your qualifications before they'll issue any to you.

I've been looking into various anti anging machines and treatments for some time but am yet to take the plunge and commit to one.
I am not medically trained and do not work from a doctors practice however from this thread it appears i could train to use derma rollers and offer this treatment to my clients, am i correct?
if so can anyone recommend the best company to train with in terms of training offered, product quality and post qualification support?:confused:

Emla Cream is what most therapists are using and you can buy this online with most chemists. You can only use up to 10g per treatment at anyone time as a therapist. Emla can be bought in 5g or 30g tubes.

I have just been reading through some of the questions and answers and yes therapists can now train in needling (CIT) and level 2 they can be insured and trained for use of a 0.3mm & 0.5mm. Level 3 can go up to a 1.5mm. This is in a salon without a nurse.

Training is usually 1 day and there are some excellent products that can be applied throught the treatment (sterile) to gain great results.

Emla is the most popular sullution for therapists to use and the best and cheapest I have found is at expresschemist online.

The Energist roller is also the same as the Fusion roller just different outer packaging, both companies purchase from the same roller manufacturer and then rebrand the roller. It is a well made roller but the Fusion roller is one of the most cost effective rollers on the market.

The Fusion roller is about 65% cheaper than the leading market dermaroller and I'm not sure compared to Energist prices.

As a therapist it's also important to be on top of infection control and make sure you gain further training and certificates in this area.

Hope this helps

I've been looking into various anti anging machines and treatments for some time but am yet to take the plunge and commit to one.
I am not medically trained and do not work from a doctors practice however from this thread it appears i could train to use derma rollers and offer this treatment to my clients, am i correct?
if so can anyone recommend the best company to train with in terms of training offered, product quality and post qualification support?:confused:

Certain companies will only train you in less than 1mm length rollers. I don't know who does anything else. HFIS will insure therapists to do 1mm environ rollers if that helps? x

Emla Cream is what most therapists are using and you can buy this online with most chemists. You can only use up to 10g per treatment at anyone time as a therapist. Emla can be bought in 5g or 30g tubes.

What I want to know is, why are training schools advising to use Emla. I trained in this treatment and we were trained by a nurse and was told not to use Emla because of the very reasons already stated in this thread.I use Anestop.

Latest posts

Back