Dermatitis advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lea2721

Reaction score
I dont even know if i have it but ive noticed if my hand comes in to any contact at all with bleach it starts to itch and a now a few hours later my skin feels sore and has cracked in a few places does this sound like it? and if so how do i prevent it? I had gloves on when applying x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

And hurts just applied loads of hand cream xx

Keep them moisturised and wear gloves. The mix of cold outside, heating on so the large temperature change, with in and out of water and mixing it all with chemicals is a recipe for dermatitis. My first 2 knuckles on each hand have it right now because I was silly and washed off a colour without gloves. Xoxo

Keep them moisturised and wear gloves. The mix of cold outside, heating on so the large temperature change, with in and out of water and mixing it all with chemicals is a recipe for dermatitis. My first 2 knuckles on each hand have it right now because I was silly and washed off a colour without gloves. Xoxo

Yea i think it started a few weeks ago i forgot to wear gloves and then after then every time i washed up etc my hands would really itch and i had to cracks on my fingers but thought they were from my cat lol but tonight my hand felt really tight and looked at my palms and 4 large cracks and did do my hair today but did wear gloves but not when i cleaned my bowls out i suppose im just going to have to be ultra careful x

And its my cutting hand to :( hope it clears up quick x

Barrier cream lots of it, no perfumed lotions as it will nip, think your a mum so get some sudocream (sp) on just now

Yea i think it started a few weeks ago i forgot to wear gloves and then after then every time i washed up etc my hands would really itch and i had to cracks on my fingers but thought they were from my cat lol but tonight my hand felt really tight and looked at my palms and 4 large cracks and did do my hair today but did wear gloves but not when i cleaned my bowls out i suppose im just going to have to be ultra careful x

Yep, gloves will be your best friend this winter now its started sorry, gloves to wash food pots, tint bowls, shampooing, colouring and cleaning. Only time you shouldn't wear gloves is to wash your hands after the toilet but you probably would regardless :p
It's a nightmare isn't it, the itching that feels like you have to go in the skin just to stop it.
This is the chance to get that moisturiser you always wanted but put off because its just too expensive, so there is a plus side to it xoxo

Yep, gloves will be your best friend this winter now its started sorry, gloves to wash food pots, tint bowls, shampooing, colouring and cleaning. Only time you shouldn't wear gloves is to wash your hands after the toilet but you probably would regardless :p
It's a nightmare isn't it, the itching that feels like you have to go in the skin just to stop it.
This is the chance to get that moisturiser you always wanted but put off because its just too expensive, so there is a plus side to it xoxo

Is there any moisturizer you recommend? I never really moisturise them eeeek lol i just thought i wont get it as i dont have sensitive skin but like you said now it all makes sense i think the bleach house hold bleach i mean has caused these cracks now left my dish cloth to soak rinsed out about 2 hours ago and im going to have to buy lots of gloves been using reusable ones for colouring but when you take them off they always go inside out so in some way i do end up with a little contact :( arghh i hate having to be really preventive lool

Is there any moisturizer you recommend? I never really moisturise them eeeek lol i just thought i wont get it as i dont have sensitive skin but like you said now it all makes sense i think the bleach house hold bleach i mean has caused these cracks now left my dish cloth to soak rinsed out about 2 hours ago and im going to have to buy lots of gloves been using reusable ones for colouring but when you take them off they always go inside out so in some way i do end up with a little contact :( arghh i hate having to be really preventive lool

Pull the disposables off at the wrist with just fingertips you won't touch any colour or water that way.
I use sudocrem too but and plain one is good. Shea butter is good but I would stick to plain ones (simple would be fine).

If you should choose sudocrem and haven't before then beware.... Only use the tinyest amount. It's super thick and takes time to absorb, brill stuff though. Recommended for eczema, dermatitis, dry skin, cuts is antiseptic and leaves a barrier so your slightly more protected than bare hands but not for long xoxo

Pull the disposables off at the wrist with just fingertips you won't touch any colour or water that way.
I use sudocrem too but and plain one is good. Shea butter is good but I would stick to plain ones (simple would be fine).

If you should choose sudocrem and haven't before then beware.... Only use the tinyest amount. It's super thick and takes time to absorb, brill stuff though. Recommended for eczema, dermatitis, dry skin, cuts is antiseptic and leaves a barrier so your slightly more protected than bare hands but not for long xoxo

Ahh got some of that will put some on before bed as i hate having creams on my hands its awful xx

dermol 500 is great too,you can buy it from the chemists or you can get it on prescription (not sure if you have free prescriptions like we do up here),it sinks in quite quickly too x

dermol 500 is great too,you can buy it from the chemists or you can get it on prescription (not sure if you have free prescriptions like we do up here),it sinks in quite quickly too x

Think ill make a trip to the doctors then x

Try e45 always works on me ;) x

Dermatitus is down to not drying your hands correctly (or when they get overprocessed from colouring) when failing i always get bleech on my lil finger i think its cos i rest the tint brush or something against it and it starts to go dry, e45 cream or barrier cream are the best but ensure your washing your hands if you get anything on them and drying them properly!!

Dermatitus ends so many hairdressers careers due to not stopping and preventing it, don't let it get worse ensure you get it sorted asap :)

I've been hairdressing 12 years and seen so many people not look after their hands and its simple really e45 cream and make sure they're dry lol take rings off too when washing or colouring to ensure nothing gets stuck under there and you can dry it properly :)

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Dermatitus is down to not drying your hands correctly (or when they get overprocessed from colouring) when failing i always get bleech on my lil finger i think its cos i rest the tint brush or something against it and it starts to go dry, e45 cream or barrier cream are the best but ensure your washing your hands if you get anything on them and drying them properly!!

Dermatitus ends so many hairdressers careers due to not stopping and preventing it, don't let it get worse ensure you get it sorted asap :)

I've been hairdressing 12 years and seen so many people not look after their hands and its simple really e45 cream and make sure they're dry lol take rings off too when washing or colouring to ensure nothing gets stuck under there and you can dry it properly :)

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Ok i know i know im going to have to be strict with ny self thankyou for the advice as i was worried a bit about it getting worse because i know once it gets to that stage its hard to get rid of my friend had to give up hairdressing because it got so bad, i think its a combination of not being thourgh with gloves and having my hands in water at the salon and at home 3 kids always lots of cleaning to do lol so im going to get some rubber gloves today and go see my doctor and get a good cream xx

Aqueous cream, can use as a soap too, my hands get very sore this time of yr, brought a tub from a high street pharmacy for £1.99 x

hi i always get dry cracked skin this time or year on my hands. ive got into a routine of smothering them in sudacreme every night before i get into bed and its amasing works a treat. also keep moisturising through the day and dry them well.xx

Nail polish and getting acrylic nails wont effect it will it? And yea i know its awful just been to put the rubbish out and my hands are itching like mad :( xx

Nail polish and getting acrylic nails wont effect it will it? And yea i know its awful just been to put the rubbish out and my hands are itching like mad :( xx

If that's having them on while you have dermatitis then I can't see why it would aggravate it, but getting gloves on can be tricky and the creams could lift the nail (speak to your nail tech for more advice) otherwise have beautiful nails, we all deserve it xoxo

pick up a pair of those white cotton gloves from the chemist(like scratch mitts with fingers!),they're £1, and pop them on after the cream at bedtime,it really helps too...obv not on a night when seduction is on the cards haha x

Latest posts

Back