Dermatitis advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually had a flashback there to my misspent youth,my mum was a dinner lady and had those gloves for handling hot plates etc and i pinched her gloves to go raving at the Rezurection...big box,little box hahaha x

i get contact derm from acetone- i use latex not vinyl gloves-as it seeps through and tears the gloves. Now i tend to avoid nail treatments- ive got staff so it helps!

Keep polytene/vinyl/latex/nitirle gloves on you around, they are your best freinds in buisness! When they come off...... God all hell breaks loose on those hands.

Grab yourself some gauze some mircropore tape and loadsa aqueous/medical cream.

Apply generously- gauze it up and wrap with tape. Then every treatment have your gloves on and redo every day for at least a week- use sanitizers-we have gojo in salon. your hands should start feeling better within a week. Also try to not stratch helps too! xoxo

ha ha my partner has still got his rez hat!! when i was a junior many moons ago my hands used to split and i used to put sterile paraffin gauze on them then cotton gloves over top every night, worked wonders😀

i get contact derm from acetone- i use latex not vinyl gloves-as it seeps through and tears the gloves. Now i tend to avoid nail treatments- ive got staff so it helps!

Keep polytene/vinyl/latex/nitirle gloves on you around, they are your best freinds in buisness! When they come off...... God all hell breaks loose on those hands.

Grab yourself some gauze some mircropore tape and loadsa aqueous/medical cream.

Apply generously- gauze it up and wrap with tape. Then every treatment have your gloves on and redo every day for at least a week- use sanitizers-we have gojo in salon. your hands should start feeling better within a week. Also try to not stratch helps too! xoxo

Ok thankyou im going to try this , its soo hard not to scratch especially when i go warm to cold or get hands wet grr and i hate the feel off hand cream lool but im going to have to try xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

You can also get 1% hydrocortisone from the chemist, that'll take the itch out of it

Contact dermatitis is USUALLY caused by not rinsing off shampoo/soap and not drying hands properly after washing, but mine is definately caused by contact with bleach - any type or amount.
I use gloves ALL the time except when highlighting (i know that college students have to wear them for highlighting). I have a towel with a damp area next to me just in case i get some on a finger, I can wipe it off.

I try to remember to moisturise just before I put the gloves on, because the gloves dry my hands too.

I used to get this if I used anything wella related! Awful hands when worked with it, dry, cracked, bleeding hands! GHD does it to me too! And goldwell! Stay away from it all now!

This brings back memories to my junior days , shampoo after shampoo , hand cream apply apply apply , neutrogena (not spelt right ) always worked for me , its awful the stinging and bleeding , bad memories x

Body shop hemp hand cream x

yes hemp , it reminds me of my dad weird i no but he works outside all year and his hands are ok x

If that's having them on while you have dermatitis then I can't see why it would aggravate it, but getting gloves on can be tricky and the creams could lift the nail (speak to your nail tech for more advice) otherwise have beautiful nails, we all deserve it xoxo

I actually disagree having beautiful nails on very dry chapped hands is not a good luck when Dermatitus at its worst will never go away once the damage is done :(, however it won't be what's causing it hun. When itching though it can cause infections and that so maybe give them a break whilst fixing your hands, will only be a case of a few weeks to get them back to condition hun.

Use gloves when in water at home and cleaning, use gloves as much as poss in the salon and have e45 cream to hand all the time!!

Don't worry about Your nails whilst fixing your hands :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I actually disagree having beautiful nails on very dry chapped hands is not a good luck when Dermatitus at its worst will never go away once the damage is done :(, however it won't be what's causing it hun. When itching though it can cause infections and that so maybe give them a break whilst fixing your hands, will only be a case of a few weeks to get them back to condition hun.

Use gloves when in water at home and cleaning, use gloves as much as poss in the salon and have e45 cream to hand all the time!!

Don't worry about Your nails whilst fixing your hands :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I know thanks theyve cleared up a bit been wearing gloves out in the cold and following all the advice on here and they feel much better :D but i really can not go near bleach or colours with out any gloves on it flares up straight away so just going to keep to the strict routine xx

glad to hear it lovie, just try and be strict with yourself about gloves and cream etc x

My daughter got dermatitis last year and was advised against the e45 we were using as dr said alit if people are allergic and it causes contact dermatitis. She was given Cetraben , works a treat! Good luck x

Luckily in 10 years I've only had 2 problems and fixed both.

When Schwartzkopf brought out the seah range it was meant to be for luxury treatments with a long head massage. I washed my hair in it and could peel bits of scalp off. Looked like the worse dandruff ever. Had to do one treatments and after a couple of minutes my hands were red raw. Never touched the stuff again.

Second is the latex gloves. The salon ordered the clear plastic gloves in just for me. On the plus side now I'm mobile the cost of gloves is next to nothing.

I can't help anymore then the advice already given but good luck with clearing it and keeping it at bay xx

I have never suffered till this year but must of had product/colour water or something stuck under a big ring on one finger which sensitised me then i stupidly dropped a droplet of petrol on my finger when filling the car so i have another spot now!!!

So now i gloves EVERYWHERE in the car for filling up, at home for washing up and cleaning and at work for practically everything.

TAKE RINGS OFF AT WORK if you suffer not only when your washing as aftecare products can get trapped underneath and cause sensitivity.:rolleyes:

I have never suffered till this year but must of had product/colour water or something stuck under a big ring on one finger which sensitised me then i stupidly dropped a droplet of petrol on my finger when filling the car so i have another spot now!!!

So now i gloves EVERYWHERE in the car for filling up, at home for washing up and cleaning and at work for practically everything.

TAKE RINGS OFF AT WORK if you suffer not only when your washing as aftecare products can get trapped underneath and cause sensitivity.:rolleyes:

Funny you should say that because i dont normally have long nails but have acrylucs on so i wonder if its anything to do with getting some products trapped under my nails so contact is more prolonged xx

Back