designing and purchasing website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny2

Reaction score
I have read many discussions on this matter and wondered how much business you generate through having a web site and also, can you get a free web page and domain name. If so how do you go about getting started
jennyx

There are so many options here:

You can get free websites from the likes of Freewebs where you just fill in your details into one of their predesigned templates. You will get a website address called something along the lines of www . freewebs. jennysnails. co . uk

You could then purchase your own domain name - www. jennysnails . co.uk and pay for web forwarding so that the site will point to your freewebs when your own name is put in.

You could also create your own website using software, like MS Frontpage or similar. Buy your domain name and pay for hosting.

You could pay someone else to do it all for you.

In this day and age I think a web presence is very useful. It is your brochure to the world.

I used freewebs for mine...you can have a look by clicking on the link by my sig!

But I LOVE GoDaddy.com - domain names are cheap and they have a zillion templates and colors to choose from. hugs, kelly

HiI have used "Mr Site" to build my own site really cheap, £25.00 , and easy to set up. Also an advantage is that you can change/ add pages as often as you wish.
Good luck
Amanda

Feel Gorgeous - Home

hi hun,

i have a website and have found it really useful, its not quite finished but there have been things i have forgotten on my price list and new things i decided to try and i can add them with ease to my website. i can also put a news letter on there and special offers which is great,

i designed mine myself and bought web hosting.

hope this helps
take a look its Georgeous Beauty Salon

We used a system called Wordpress for our site. You need a bit of technical knowledge to set it up, but once it's setup it's very easy to add and edit, and has blogging features built in. The search-engines also seem to like it.

Hope this helps :)

Thank you guys, so roughly in regards to images domain the site what would i be looking at or is that a kind of how much is a piece of string
jenny x

I don't understand your question (sorry!) but if you're asking about images for your site, I like iStockPhoto.com - cheap and plentiful. ox kelly

Latest posts

Back