Desperate for detangling conditioner which really works

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viola

Reaction score
Hi, Please can someone help me...my sister has shoulder length, highlighted hair in excellent condition, until it comes into contact with water :irked:

The tangles are dreadful, she does not have overly frizzy/curly hair, it is only a little wavy, she gets it cut every 6 weeks too. Her hairdresser recommended Cynol Dream Conditioner which is just 'okay'. She has also used: Paul Mitchell Detangler, all Avons detanglers, Herbal Essence and Aussie 3 minute miracle, all without success!

Please can anyone recommend one which really works as the amount of hair in her comb at the end of a shower is apparently quite shocking :eek:

I love Lanza's Detangler!!!:)

I use Tigi Catwalk Fast Fixx Leave-In Hair Conditioning Spray on my daughter along with Tangle Teaser brush works a treat, FYI this brush was turned down on Dragons Den, shame its fantastic and the inventor has made loads from it lol :)

Sue x

yeah i am a big fan of fast fixx too, use it all the time on clients and its not too pricey !

i swear by matrix biolage hydrating balm. it the best conditioner i have ever used and the sent is out of this world. my hair is wavey and fluffy. when i use this product uts like silk !:hug:

Firstly i would reccommend that she always brush her hair before washing it as when water gets into knots it tightens them. secondly i would say when she is finished washing it not to rub with the towel as this will also knot the hair. My hair is similar to this and i use redken extreme products which are amazing! When she puts the conditioner on maybe she could try gently combing it through with a wide toothed comb and then be careful rincing it out. Then when the hair is parlty dried put a leave in conditioner on it like redken extreme cat spray or if the hair is broken/damaged use redken extreme anti-snap

What about trying the good old fashioned Herbal pH Balancer from the likes of Sally or Alan Howard? Stinks but has got a pH of about 3 so if left on for about 5 mins it will shut the cuticle down and stop the "velcro" effect. Also make hair mega shiny. And great after swimming too...just don't leave it on for the 5 mins every time tho...

Redken's Smooth Down Detangling Cream---

Latest posts

Back