Developers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgie.mxo

Reaction score
Hi all,
I currently use goldwells permanent colours and I also use the goldwell developer in 10, 20, 30 and 40vol.
I recently started thinking of using my wholesalers own brand of developer. Do you notice any difference when using a different branded developer than the brand of your colour? I'm not trying to cut corners but if it gives the exact same result it seems silly to spend more money.
Thanks, Georgie.

Excellent video by Guy Tang as usual. ^^

All the instructions on tubes of tint say to use their matching developer. If you use a generic brand, you’re not following their instructions so you won’t be covered by insurance if a client decides to sue you. As we’ve seen on here, more clients are going down the no win-no fee solicitors route because they know that most insurance companies will simply pay them off rather than risk paying lawyers fees to defend a hairdresser who admits to not doing things by the book.

The cost benefit saving of using a generic brand is minimal if you consider the bigger picture.

Excellent video by Guy Tang as usual. ^^

All the instructions on tubes of tint say to use their matching developer. If you use a generic brand, you’re not following their instructions so you won’t be covered by insurance if a client decides to sue you. As we’ve seen on here, more clients are going down the no win-no fee solicitors route because they know that most insurance companies will simply pay them off rather than risk paying lawyers fees to defend a hairdresser who admits to not doing things by the book.

The cost benefit saving of using a generic brand is minimal if you consider the bigger picture.
Thanks all!

Latest posts

Back