Dia Richesse question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllanJudge

Reaction score
Normally when I do a root regrowth with Majirel and the ends have faded a bit ill add some water to the bowl and refresh the ends with the mixture.

I'm thinking using dia richesse would be a better option though.

But when the shade you need doesn't exist what can you do?

A couple of examples. One client
gets 6.46 in Majirel another client gets 7.44, these shades don't exist in dia richesse. What can I do?

First of all, Dialight would be the best option as it is formulated for sensitized hair and is a gentle acid formula.

But then again times are over where a haircolour has to be the exact same shade all throughout. Colormelt, naturally faded ends and so on are on trend right now.
So you can use your creativity to let a shade flow into another or just condition faded ends, add a few lighter pieces freehand... You get me, right?

Even if the goal is one solid colour I hardly ever use the same shade for refresh as for instance copper shades would 'brown out' if I'd use the same mixture.

If I use majirel 7.4 with 7.3 on roots I might gloss the lengths with dialight 7.4 mixed with a bit of clear for example to not darken the lengths.

Last edited:
You're right, it's more in now to be creative with the colour and not have one block colour.

The client who gets the 6.46 I balayaged a few pieces months ago so everytime her colour is done again, she still has a few slightly lighter pieces which looks nice.

The condition of the ends is fine, it's not because the colour is visually damaging it, I just think it's better to not always take the permanent through.

She likes the Red look of the 6.46, i'm just worried if I use a Dialight 6.4 it will make the ends look too coppery and scared to use just a red tone incase it looks too red. I hate colour.

I'll try dig out my notes from their colour change course as they had all the formulas to make shades that didn't exist in the dia ranges!
But I find they do come out darker, I also used to add warm water to the majirel!

You're right, it's more in now to be creative with the colour and not have one block colour.

The client who gets the 6.46 I balayaged a few pieces months ago so everytime her colour is done again, she still has a few slightly lighter pieces which looks nice.

The condition of the ends is fine, it's not because the colour is visually damaging it, I just think it's better to not always take the permanent through.

She likes the Red look of the 6.46, i'm just worried if I use a Dialight 6.4 it will make the ends look too coppery and scared to use just a red tone incase it looks too red. I hate colour.
There are charts by L'Oreal that help you match colours that don't have the same shade, you get them on colour change classes or from your L'Oreal rep or someone on here might screenshot one for you .

Ok if the colour doesn't exist what I would do is take one shade higher than 6.46 & one shade lower than a 6.46 and mix them making a 6.46. So for instance 5.46 + 7.46 if these do exist that is

One more to follow ...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    987.2 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    803.9 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    930.6 KB · Views: 42
Argh the last photo won't upload!! I'll keep trying, it's only the ash colours left!

Latest posts

Back