Diamond dermabrasion & Leukaemia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyxperts

Reaction score
I have a client who booked a course of diamond dermabrasion, but this lady has leukaemia, she didn't put it on the form and told myself after her 1st treatment. I told her she needs a doctors note to continue treatment - I do not know about leukaemia as illness so I couldn't comment apart from it's classed as a contraindication. My microdermabrasion training didn't go in depth about different cancers and how the treatment itself affects it. Now this lady has recently (June) had fillers & Botox. Basically is there anyone who has had experience and can tell myself more about this? If it's a complete no from her doctor with commencing anymore treatment then I will look into different treatment for her that will be suitable for her. X

Basically if you've had Botox, you CANNOT have a facial because it can move the Botox around the face, which is just dangerous! some people are not given the correct aftercare but some just don't care and book facials anyway!

I would contact her, tell her you have contacted a professional board/your insurance company for advice with regards to her medication and that you will have to cancel the rest of her course.

You asked for her medical details and she chose not to disclose important information, that is her fault, however now that you know about her medical details it would be unwise and unprofessional to continue in this course of treatment since you know they are both contra indications to treatment.

In cases of client stupidity v therapist it is up-to you to look out for both of you even if it makes you unpopular!x

Basically if you've had Botox, you CANNOT have a facial because it can move the Botox around the face, which is just dangerous! some people are not given the correct aftercare but some just don't care and book facials anyway!

I would contact her, tell her you have contacted a professional board/your insurance company for advice with regards to her medication and that you will have to cancel the rest of her course.

You asked for her medical details and she chose not to disclose important information, that is her fault, however now that you know about her medical details it would be unwise and unprofessional to continue in this course of treatment since you know they are both contra indications to treatment.

In cases of client stupidity v therapist it is up-to you to look out for both of you even if it makes you unpopular!x

With regards to Botox/injectables it isn't dangerous to have facial treatments or microdermabrasion after 6 weeks of having it, obviously you wouldn't go and concentrate on the areas in question (this is from my NVQ training & SkinBase microdermabrasion training). What I really need to know is if it is suitable fir her due to the medical condition she has, I've asked for a doctors note which is what my insurance company requires but personally I'm not happy to do it. I think I'll be contacting her and offering alternative treatment IF her doctor states she can have it.
Thank you for you'd advice though x

Skinbase say cancer is a contraindication. Is leukemia not a cancer of the blood?

Skinbase say cancer is a contraindication. Is leukemia not a cancer of the blood?

Yes they do, this is why I was mortified she told me after her treatment! But as she'd told myself shed just had Botox & fillers in June I wasn't sure if there are different types, as I've never dealt with this previously. I will be calling her on Monday to let her know. Thanks I needed reassurance from another therapist x

Latest posts

Back