Diarichesse or Dialight?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
So my lady has got very pourous bleached hair but it is in a very short style and gets it cut regularly, she normally bleaches it herself but now wants to tone it down, she still wants a light blonde but not so bright. I'm thinking of rather putting a diarichesse all over in shade 9.13 or dialight in 9.13 but I'm not sure which will take better and be better on the hair?

So my lady has got very pourous bleached hair but it is in a very short style and gets it cut regularly, she normally bleaches it herself but now wants to tone it down, she still wants a light blonde but not so bright. I'm thinking of rather putting a diarichesse all over in shade 9.13 or dialight in 9.13 but I'm not sure which will take better and be better on the hair?

Dialight.:)
Be sure to show her the swatch....one persons 'tone down', is another's 'too dark'!

What's diarichesse like for darkening please? Over permanent level 9 to a 7? :)

Dialight.:)
Be sure to show her the swatch....one persons 'tone down', is another's 'too dark'!
Thank you! Yes I am thinking that, do you think it will be fine to put on straight on top of the bleach?

I would be inclined to just use the 9 as if it's porous it will grab to the ash resulting in a murky colour x

You could add some clear just to be on the safe side.:)
Agree with using 9.....the .13 / .31 can look 'murky' on porous hair.

You could add some clear just to be on the safe side.:)
Agree with using 9.....the .13 / .31 can look 'murky' on porous hair.
Thanks guys. So why would you use dialight instead of richesse? Sorry I'm new to loreal and still getting used to it x

It's acid based so better for compromised hair, with a more translucent coverage - resulting in a softer 'wash' of colour. :)

It's acid based so better for compromised hair, with a more translucent coverage - resulting in a softer 'wash' of colour. :)
Ah ok it's just that dialight hasn't got a flat 9 in my shade chart but richesse does

You're right....try 9.3....do a wee strand test first just in case!

You could use richesse and add clear to it. ;)

Thanks so much for your help ☺️ Will richesse come out stronger then?

Sorry for the delay....been busy......
Yes, it will have a 'stronger' coverage.
Which is why I would advise for the client whose hair you describe, to add some clear.

Still think I'd go with Dia light. :cool:

Just recently I was putting an 8.3 over porous blonde hair and my student mixed me up the colour in richesse instead of dialight (not telling me that we had run out of it in dialight!) and it grabbed really bad and went to a level 6. So now I would always only use dialight on light blondes! I would use richesse on wet hair however as a toner and watch it!

Just recently I was putting an 8.3 over porous blonde hair and my student mixed me up the colour in richesse instead of dialight (not telling me that we had run out of it in dialight!) and it grabbed really bad and went to a level 6. So now I would always only use dialight on light blondes! I would use richesse on wet hair however as a toner and watch it!
Ok thank you for all your help! It's just she still wants the colour quite ashy and not warm so I'm worried 9.3 might be too warm

Use a 9.31 or 9.32 and put it on as a toner ?

You can use dialight to go two shades darker without pre pigging so it shouldn't go murky. Also a 9.3 on dry hair is VERY gold trust me I've done that [emoji23]

You can use dialight to go two shades darker without pre pigging so it shouldn't go murky. Also a 9.3 on dry hair is VERY gold trust me I've done that [emoji23]
That's why I was worrying looks so warm in the shade Chart! Thank you

So would you apply it to damp hair or dry?

If your going for the 9.3 do it on wet hair as a toner then you can watch it and rinse it off before it goes to gold! And if it's not quite good enough then do it again. It's a safer way of doing it

Latest posts

Back